PC [HELP] 1.5.5 Update changed resolution and unable to change

SHOWGOOD

Newcomer
After updating Stardew Valley to v1.5.5, I opened the game in Big Picture Mode and the resolution changed to a resolution that does not fit my monitor and I'm unable to interact with any elements within the game.

2021_12_05_12_04_29_Stardew_Valley.png

Even when I try to open the game outside of Big Picture Mode, the game elements remain cropped out of side of my monitor. Any ideas on how to reset it?

Last edited by a moderator:

liquidcat

Staff member
I'm not sure if this will work with big picture mode, but you can try hitting Alt+Enter when game starts. It will force your game into windowed mode and decrease the screen size.

Alternatively
  • Right-click on the game title under the Library in Steam and select Properties.
  • Under the General you'll see Launch Options box
  • Write: -h (pixel height eg. 1920, 1366) -w (pixel width eg. 1080,768) [[Do not include the brackets. It should look like "-h 1920 -w 1080" and so on]]
Hope this helps!

SHOWGOOD

Newcomer
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, the suggestion didn't work. I did some more tests, it seems like the game does render at different resolutions when you use the Launch Options and the mouse is recognized on the menu screen as long as it's rendered on the monitor. However, just cause it renders outside the range of the monitor, it doesn't mean you can move the mouse past the edge of the monitor which mainly limits the input to togglign the sound. I tried validating the game files but effect hasn't changed. Any one else run into this?