Hello everybody!

Cozy_Luna

Greenhorn
I recently got a switch and one of the first games I've gotten is Stardew Valley and to be honest I'm quickly becoming obsessed! I'm loving my first taste of my cozy gaming experience and I wanted to meet new people who have also played the game (or are still playing!) Sooo tell me about your farm, about your favorite items and characters (I'm really liking Elliott) and of course tell me about yourself!

I'm super excited to meet you <3

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hello Cozy_Luna and Welcome to the Forums!

Mmmm there's nothing quite like that first time Stardew Valley obsessplaythrough. Almost everyone would trade real important things like kidneys and ISP bills and their boss's lunch for a week for the opportunity to get that first playthrough again. Enjoy it and take your time. There's a lot of replay value (I have like 7 Farms) but butbut there's that first one... and then all the others.

I'm kinda on a hiatus from SDV right now but my most active farm is my Slime Farm (started life as the Hilltop Map but I changed it to the regular map with some unintended consequences). And the only Farm I've kindasorta "completed" is my Ostrich Race Farm which is on the Beach map. There small complications like no Ostriches on it yet so not much truth in advertising there, eh? Hence the "kindasorta." Married to Haley on Ostrich Farm because some people were not terribly fond of her so I pretty much did it because that. Turns out she's a hoot, best spouse yet! Married Abigail on the Slime Farm as she kinda matches the theme and for the opposite reason as Haley, everyone was singing her praises and I wanted to see why.

But for favorite character, it is and always will be Gil. He is my spirit animal, my muse, my unattainable goal of perfection. Never moving a muscle, always fully at rest, making everyone else's 'lazy' seem frenetic, including mine. Scientists use him to calibrate the Kelvin scale once a year. The barest breezes threaten his motionlessness but somehow he naturally counters them in some unmoving way. I think it's magnets but Marlon won't let me get close enough and usually threatens me with an Insect Head.

Joke's on him, I find the Insect Head very pleasant to wield.

Njin

Planter
Hello and welcome ... Happy to hear you are enjoying the game.. I got it first day It was on ps4 It reminded me of the ps1 harvest moon game I sunk so many hours into around 2004-05 I had to have it.. My farm is almost 22 years old about 900 hours... There have months when I don't play it but Iam a die hard so I keep coming back...I don't have any real favorites except for my horses...Just wanted to Hi back ...And let you know you got yourself a good game.. Have Fun:)

Cozy_Luna

Greenhorn
Hello Cozy_Luna and Welcome to the Forums!

Mmmm there's nothing quite like that first time Stardew Valley obsessplaythrough. Almost everyone would trade real important things like kidneys and ISP bills and their boss's lunch for a week for the opportunity to get that first playthrough again. Enjoy it and take your time. There's a lot of replay value (I have like 7 Farms) but butbut there's that first one... and then all the others.

I'm kinda on a hiatus from SDV right now but my most active farm is my Slime Farm (started life as the Hilltop Map but I changed it to the regular map with some unintended consequences). And the only Farm I've kindasorta "completed" is my Ostrich Race Farm which is on the Beach map. There small complications like no Ostriches on it yet so not much truth in advertising there, eh? Hence the "kindasorta." Married to Haley on Ostrich Farm because some people were not terribly fond of her so I pretty much did it because that. Turns out she's a hoot, best spouse yet! Married Abigail on the Slime Farm as she kinda matches the theme and for the opposite reason as Haley, everyone was singing her praises and I wanted to see why.

But for favorite character, it is and always will be Gil. He is my spirit animal, my muse, my unattainable goal of perfection. Never moving a muscle, always fully at rest, making everyone else's 'lazy' seem frenetic, including mine. Scientists use him to calibrate the Kelvin scale once a year. The barest breezes threaten his motionlessness but somehow he naturally counters them in some unmoving way. I think it's magnets but Marlon won't let me get close enough and usually threatens me with an Insect Head.

Joke's on him, I find the Insect Head very pleasant to wield.
This was the most amazing thing to read! Im definitely going to take your advice and take it slow my first time, I'm superdooper excited about getting to marry someone and I'll definitely come back here to tell you all about it! (Also that ostrich farm sounds amazing!!!!! Even if it's not true to its word :))

Cozy_Luna

Greenhorn
Hello and welcome ... Happy to hear you are enjoying the game.. I got it first day It was on ps4 It reminded me of the ps1 harvest moon game I sunk so many hours into around 2004-05 I had to have it.. My farm is almost 22 years old about 900 hours... There have months when I don't play it but Iam a die hard so I keep coming back...I don't have any real favorites except for my horses...Just wanted to Hi back ...And let you know you got yourself a good game.. Have Fun:)
Thank you so much! And wow seems like you're very experienced!