Hello again!.... easy game seed needed

Tinks

Planter
Hi

I had a stroke and have been in rehab for nearly a year. (hence the long absence). I am having to start all over again as unfortunately in a moment of desperation when I thought I'd never be able to play again..I got someone to delete all my games and files off my switch with intention of of selling it and them all. Anyway they'd deleted them all off the console but never got round to taking them to trade in - (what with all the hospital visits and them having to go to work daily too).

So I just want one game file and like the beach setting best. I'm not aiming for 100% completion as I don't want the biggest house or kids (havent even decided whether my character is going to marry yet or share with Krobus!) ...just a little farm (with the first kitchen upgrade for cooking recipies later) with animals to slowly build up and potter around at my own speed.

The only goal I do want is the greenhouse in the first year but last time struggled with getting the 5 gold veg of each season to complete the pantry.

so my question is there any 'easy seed' for beginners with high luck for the first year and easier fishing or something? - (for the Switch, don't have a PC)

or any tips just to get the golden crops needed for the pantry bundle in the first year?

The eventual aim is to focus more on animals than crops (having just a greenhouse with enough food for the cooking recipies) and animal products for the artisan products. (may go down cloth production route further in future to make more outfits but thats not a priority).

Thanks

Elenna101

Farmer
As imnvs said, luck and fishing are not determined by seed.
(Luck is based partly on seed but also on other things like number of steps taken. Fishing is based on the previous inputs you've done, I think, it's basically impossible for a human to manipulate.)
Also, most of the prediction tools are created for PC because the PC code can be found publicly. Unfortunately, the Switch RNG is programmed differently, and the Switch code is not public so there's no way to figure out how it actually works. Given that, even for things that are determined purely by the seed (e.g. remixed mines rewards), there would be no way to check it without manually playing through each and every seed you want to check, which is obviously not feasible for large numbers of seeds.

As for tips on gold quality crops, just plant more of them and use fertilizer. Remember you can skip one of them if you don't have the money for seeds.
If you want to math out how many crops you need, the probabilities of getting gold quality crops are on the Farming page on the wiki. If you just want some approximate numbers, I usually have at least Farming 4 by the end of spring, so 40 parsnips fertilized and harvested at the end of spring should be plenty. Generally you only need a few corn since they regrow. You most likely want to plant lots of melons and pumpkins anyways as they're good money (especially with preserve jars).

Tinks

Planter
Thanks... I'll just have to have a go at it I guess. I remembered I liked the beach best visually but having to re-learn how to do some of the stuff. Planning I struggle with ...even everyday stuff like organising myself for stuff like getting dressed and cooking. I'm hoping organising a farm in-game will help will help improve those skills!

For the fishing I can't remember whether I'd kept the button pressed down and just let go or kept pressing it repeatedly? I think I found most of mine last time from the cart or the bins! :smile:

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, my suggestion would just be to lean into farming HARD in spring and get 5 gold parsnips. That's what makes it easiest. Plant other things, sure, but most of what you should be planting are parsnips just to maximize the chance to get 5 gold there. If you can get 5 gold parsnips by the end of Spring Year 1, you're gold. It should be easy to get the rest before Winter... and if you don't get the parsnips, at least it'll be easier to get the melons, corn and pumpkins.

Elenna101

Farmer
For the fishing I can't remember whether I'd kept the button pressed down and just let go or kept pressing it repeatedly? I think I found most of mine last time from the cart or the bins! :smile:
Keep tapping repeatedly. If you hold it, the longer you hold the faster it goes (and same for not pressing - the longer you don't press, the faster it drops) so it's easier to control if you do short taps. Once you figure out the right rhythm to hold the bar in place, that helps a lot.
Also if you haven't bought the training rod from Willy, you should probably do that.

Tinks

Planter
Keep tapping repeatedly. If you hold it, the longer you hold the faster it goes (and same for not pressing - the longer you don't press, the faster it drops) so it's easier to control if you do short taps. Once you figure out the right rhythm to hold the bar in place, that helps a lot.
Also if you haven't bought the training rod from Willy, you should probably do that.
ok haven't started yet was hoping there maybe a seed number I could put in, but seems its a problem for the switch (forgot about that issue). I'll start a beach game today, nothing else to do it's too hot to move here, break into a sweat getting off sofa to getto the loo! :grin: <hoping thats a laughing face..haven't got my reading glasses on! ..lol!>

I've just bought some of those mighty sight magnifying glasses advertised on TV for playing this game on handheld in bed as sometimes I liked to do a bit while I watch something else on TV, but find it harder to see the smaller menu's on this game (in handheld mode).

The OT recommended getting back into gaming after witnessing many patients who played video games or who were previously 'gamers' recovered certain skills faster than non-gamers.

Pangaearocks

Planter
Terribly sorry to hear you have had a stroke :( Good to see you back here (I'm new, but still), and hope playing the game can help get some of the motor skills and brain more up to speed again.

Getting the greenhouse in year 1 can be tricky as it somewhat depends on luck. I tend to prefer to go for the bat cave and cross my fingers for the right drops, but it's certainly not a sure thing. Unless there are some well-known seeds out there with fortunate Traveling Cart inventory, maybe the best bet is to try some day 1 saves out with the Predictor tool I saw somewhere. That way you can get some rare stuff, like a rabbit's foot and such. I also like to get some of the eggs that way, so I don't have to buy all the animals and upgrade both the coop and barn (it's very expensive early on).

I read somewhere that red cabbage was a guarantee now in 1.5, but don't think that popped up my save, but perhaps I missed the traveling cart that specific day (I always try to check it out).

For gold parsnip and such, I find that it's enough to plant a good bunch of them in basic fertiliser. You'll have heaps of sap available, so it's easy to make, and does help for the quality. They are quick to grow, so it shouldn't be a problem to get 5 gold starred throughout the season.
---
Hmm, I may be mixing up some bundles with the Community Centre here, like the red cabbage. I never remember what is required for what 😊

LoveElliotsHair

Sodbuster
Terribly sorry to hear about your stroke. Playing a stress-free game like Stardew would probably be quite good for you.

When you start your new file, you can set it for "guaranteed 1st year completion" of the CC and you'll have the red cabbage available. Just check the traveling cart.

Remember the quality crop option only requires 3 of the 4 options. If you plant corn in the summer, it lasts two seasons and you are more likely to get 5 gold quality. Plant as many parsnips as you can in the spring, but if you happen to miss getting 5, you still have two more tries with melons and pumpkins. Usually by summer, you'll have more energy and resources to help it not take so long to water everything.

Have fun! I'm so glad you are back in the game.

Tinks

Planter
Hello

Sorry I forgot to come back to check again for answers...did I mention I have a memory like a sieve!.. :grin: I've had to get a notebook to write down what I want to do on my farm and what materials/things are needed to achieve each thing and what I've already got in each chest then I can check without returning home and sell stuff if I need the money straight away!

Didn't manage to get 5 gold parsnips but got the free melon seeds for summer from the library I think and planted those (Day 3 summer 1). ..justgot 2of each of the other crops needed for summer bundle as I was short on cash Can't remember whether I remembered to put a fertilizer down, think I did for the melons but one square didn't have it. Started another beach farm just cos I like the scenery!

Have managed to upgrade the backpack, get two silo's straightawaay so could clear the grass and have hay ready for my animals. and a chicken coop. No chickens yet though. I've got to level 19 in the mines but didn't realise the time so passed out so will have to start again from 15! Waiting for a very good luck day! Haven't upgraded any tools yet as not hadmuch coal and copper bars have gone on the silo's. I don't know whether to use the next bars on tree tappers (or was it coal they needed?) or upgrade one of my tools first?

There were 2 rings at the adventurers guild ..one was something to do with knockback when you hit an enemy and I can't remember what the other said..would either of them be useful for making the mine's easier for a complete novice?

Thanks

Mysterionz

Farmhand
Hi!

I am so sorry to hear that you had a stroke and you had to go into rehab for a year. I hope you’re doing better now. My grandma (who passed away last year) also suffered a similar event that left her disabled and in rehab until she passed. How has life been after getting out of rehab?

Luck is not determined by seed. There’s a life changing setting you can toggle to enable “guaranteed 1st year community center completion.” Refer to what @LoveElliotsHair said above.

Tinks

Planter
Terribly sorry to hear about your stroke. Playing a stress-free game like Stardew would probably be quite good for you.

When you start your new file, you can set it for "guaranteed 1st year completion" of the CC and you'll have the red cabbage available. Just check the traveling cart.

Remember the quality crop option only requires 3 of the 4 options. If you plant corn in the summer, it lasts two seasons and you are more likely to get 5 gold quality. Plant as many parsnips as you can in the spring, but if you happen to miss getting 5, you still have two more tries with melons and pumpkins. Usually by summer, you'll have more energy and resources to help it not take so long to water everything.

Have fun! I'm so glad you are back in the game.

Dunno about stress free the fishing game nearly resulted in joycons across the room! on switch) I'll go get some more corn then. Do any of the others last 2 seasons or multiple crops like the green beans?

I think I ticked the thing for 1st year completion but can't remember if I did it before I started a new game or found it in settings after I'd started! I might upgrade the watering can first then and concentrate on more crops. I used my copper bars for silo's to clear the grass off the beach. Got quite a bit of copper but not getting much coal to turn it into bars! ..I'm only in summer 1 though ..day 3 I think.

Tinks

Planter
Hi!

I am so sorry to hear that you had a stroke and you had to go into rehab for a year. I hope you’re doing better now. My grandma (who passed away last year) also suffered a similar event that left her disabled and in rehab until she passed. How has life been after getting out of rehab?

Luck is not determined by seed. There’s a life changing setting you can toggle to enable “guaranteed 1st year community center completion.” Refer to what @LoveElliotsHair said above.
Sorry to hear about your gran. For me it was a cerebellar stroke so not your usual signs. (face drop, not able to lift arms etc). It has mostly affected motor skills..balance ,co-ordination and motor area of speech (my understanding is fine but struggle to get words out verbally) and fortunately I can still read and type with bit of assistive tech! ..so I can use both limbs its just co-ordinating them together which is challenging! ..plus planning like cooking ..knowing what to do in what order so everything is ready at same time etc...so actually working out what to do first in SDV is challenge in itself!!

I was disabled before actually with very similar but much milder difficulties, so did wonder if we'd already missed a much milder stroke that would have been a warning.. (silent strokes are a thing apparently!).

Tinks

Planter
Terribly sorry to hear you have had a stroke :( Good to see you back here (I'm new, but still), and hope playing the game can help get some of the motor skills and brain more up to speed again.

Getting the greenhouse in year 1 can be tricky as it somewhat depends on luck. I tend to prefer to go for the bat cave and cross my fingers for the right drops, but it's certainly not a sure thing. Unless there are some well-known seeds out there with fortunate Traveling Cart inventory, maybe the best bet is to try some day 1 saves out with the Predictor tool I saw somewhere. That way you can get some rare stuff, like a rabbit's foot and such. I also like to get some of the eggs that way, so I don't have to buy all the animals and upgrade both the coop and barn (it's very expensive early on).

I read somewhere that red cabbage was a guarantee now in 1.5, but don't think that popped up my save, but perhaps I missed the traveling cart that specific day (I always try to check it out).

For gold parsnip and such, I find that it's enough to plant a good bunch of them in basic fertiliser. You'll have heaps of sap available, so it's easy to make, and does help for the quality. They are quick to grow, so it shouldn't be a problem to get 5 gold starred throughout the season.
---
Hmm, I may be mixing up some bundles with the Community Centre here, like the red cabbage. I never remember what is required for what 😊
Yes there has been research about how video games can aid recovery from strokes and brain injury etc compared to traditional therapies. I'm hoping it will improve my fine motor and planning skills. I have wii fit too for simple balance and co-ordination exercises.

The bat cave is same thing as the fruit cave? I was going to choose that for a bundle but the guy hasn't been to ask me yet