Hay collecting mechanics

tornadojack

Sodbuster
IMO it's bizarre.
If I have a Silo then hay from wild grass is placed to it, but hay from Wheat is placed to player's inventory.
If Silo is full, hay from wild grass is not collected at all, although grass is cut :-(
If I cut wild grass with a Sword, no hay is produced (although if I cut weeds with a sword, fiber is collected).

I'm in perplexity.

I propose to make mechanics more flexible and clear:
1. If we have a Silo and it is not full, all hay should go there no matter from grass/wheat and scythe/sword.
2. If we have no Silo or it is full, all hay should go to player's inventory.

And one more point about hay. Rice also has hay, but not in the game. Maybe it should be there?

Last edited:
Good thoughts.

BTW: somewhere was a discussion already about silos being upgrade-able . Also there was a suggestion to have an unfinished silo right from the beginning, to hint starters to collect hey before they start buying animals. Otherwise it gets hard and expensive in winter!

Your idea is not bad. I like it. It's okay to have this...
But sometimes people want to use grass as a decoration...
Having grass would elevate the quality of milk....just saying

@Zen_the_Ogre
Imagine you sell that to Pierre's shop, people will tell me how delicious it is..
I think CA needs to fix these NPC dialogues....

Harvey told me that he bought void eggs at Pierre.. he also told me how much he loved void fried eggs. 😂😂😂

Lew Zealand

Helper
@Zen_the_Ogre
Imagine you sell that to Pierre's shop, people will tell me how delicious it is..
I think CA needs to fix these NPC dialogues....

Harvey told me that he bought void eggs at Pierre.. he also told me how much he loved void fried eggs. 😂😂😂
Hey, don't knock it until you've tried having your soul slowly dissolved from the inside of your GI tract over the course of a thousand years.

Sheeeeesh, nobody's into new experiences any more...

Salty1

Planter
IIRC the way hay currently works is at least partly due to legacy. Back in earlier versions of the game, you could only gain hay by scything grass, so the silo restrictions made a little more sense (but still kind of weird when you're first figuring it out). I imagine with limited inventory, it would be kind of annoying producing lots of hay on day 1 when you can't possibly have a silo yet, so that might be part of it.

But since the changes with wheat and haymaker and all, might be nice to at least have a toggle option for hay gathering without a silo. Since it's part of the original version, though, might be trickier to adjust it depending on what else is tied up into that legacy.