Haunted Chocolatier's setting (i.e. what time it takes place)

Do you think "Haunted Chocolatier" should have an 1800s feeling/vibe to it?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Old fashion vibe/feeling, but not 1800s,

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
I hope the setting of "Haunted Chocolatier" have an "old fashion" vibe like a 1800s vibe with 1800s houses, technology, etc. But, with all the negative of about the 1800s like racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, child labor, bad medicine and all the other bad stuff removed. So basically the 1800s with none of the flaws. The vibe would be really cozy without... you know, having to think about all the bad stuff that happened then ruining the experience. That is the glory of "Haunted Chocolatier" taking place in an alternate reality... none of the bad stuff has to have happened there. It doesn't even have to take place in the 1800s it just needs the 1800s feel/vibe.

What do you guys think about my suggestion that the "Haunted Chocolatier" having an 1800s vibe?

I am really hyped for "Haunted Chocolatier" and can't wait!!!

P.S. ConcernedApe if you are reading this, take as long as you want we do not want to rush or stress you.

Stardew Valley is pretty much 1990s –judging my Sebastian computer and lack of smartphone.

Haunted Chocolate feels more like the 1980s-90s vibe or Tim Burtoneresque.
Why?
The mansion is in fact built in the 1800s and the current era is between the 80s-90s,
but someone mentioned that it reminds her of Tim Burton's movie.
Specifically, It makes me think of Edward Scissor Hands, Batman Returns, and Big Fish.
It is gothic and beautifully mysterious at the same time (just like Time Burton.)
The music sounds like the 80s -90s.

This is Bruce Wayne's Mansion from Tim Burton.
This is how I felt from Haunted Chocolate.

Last edited:
Stardew Valley is pretty much 1990s –judging my Sebastian computer and lack of smartphone.

Haunted Chocolate feels more like the 1980s-90s vibe or Tim Burtoneresque.
Why?
The mansion is in fact built in the 1800s and the current era is between the 80s-90s,
but someone mentioned that it reminds me of Tim Burton's movie.
Specifically, It makes me think of Edward Scissor Hands, Batman Returns, and Big Fish.
It is gothic and beautifully mysterious at the same time just like Time Burton.
The music sounds like the 80s -90s.

This is Bruce Wayne's Mansion from Tim Burton.
This is how I felt from Haunted Chcolate.
Oh I actual kinda like that better... I just like the old architecture and technology vibe, idk why it just feels more fantasy like I think

Lew Zealand

Helper
The hairstyles are modern so that suggests a more current time setting but there's no reason that the location couldn't be a place that is more pastorally inclined/less technophilic. Sort of the Stardew Valley equivalent of Amish communities. Supernatural influences seem pretty powerful in Stardew Valley and if you can live a comfortable life using those types of advances instead of traditional technology, then it makes sense that some communities would spring up dedicated to doing things the supernatural way. Plus it offers advances in branding:

Supernature Made vitamins
Supernatural Valley granola bars
Even Super Better Than Those Guys Calling Themselves Nature's Best

hexnessie

Farmer
You are the one who also mentioned that it reminds of Tim Burton somewhere in the forum.
Yes I did! But it's just a vague feeling, as Burton is known for his "spooky" and "ghosty" themes. I was thinking Nightmare before Christmas and Scissorhand. (I still haven't seen Burton's Willy Wonka, as I don't know the book and I find this kind of children literature a biiiit too creepy, LOL)

But Burton is of course not the only creator of weird and supernatural. Pratchett's Hogfather and the character of Death also comes to mind.

Yes I did! But it's just a vague feeling, as Burton is known for his "spooky" and "ghosty" themes. I was thinking Nightmare before Christmas and Scissorhand. (I still haven't seen Burton's Willy Wonka, as I don't know the book and I find this kind of children literature a biiiit too creepy, LOL)

But Burton is of course not the only creator of weird and supernatural. Pratchett's Hogfather and the character of Death also comes to mind.
Me to! I got the Scissorhands vibe! It's almost Halloween. Definitely need to rewatch them!