Harvey left me alone at home a day after our wedding.

Should I divorce Harvey?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Be patient with him

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

RubyMary

Greenhorn
Did I do something wrong? We got married on a winter Saturday, on Sunday, I woke up, we talked, he gave me an English breakfast, I gave him a kiss and I went to work, not the farm. At nightfall, I made sure to return before his bedtime, and I stayed waiting for him until 2am, when I fell asleep and he wasn't there. I was married to Harvey before, but I ended up divorcing him because of these absences, plus, during the second luau, he repeated the dialogue asking if he should put sunscreen on Maru. Like... Dude, I am your wife, and you are still infatuated with her? Really? Our heart events are full, so, I'm basically waiting for him to ask me if I want kids. What do you think? Divorce or babies?

nicodeux

Farmer
Strangely, some bachelors/bachelorettes seem to be less romantic and even sometimes rude once married. Shane for instance has a few dialogues that lead to think that he is still not happy with his life as a husband.

I never tried Harvey though.

You didn’t do anything wrong. I think once you’re married, their schedule/routine changes so that they can visit friends, go to work, and have some sense of normalcy at least once a week. If this isn’t the case, he probably glitched, or maybe he was tinkering in his tinker spot and you didn’t see him!

Jayamos

Farmer
Being out late is normal for a country doctor like Harvey. He’s probably patching up my farmer after a disastrous Skull Cavern run, or George was having a bad night, or Clint had a mishap at the smithy, or Marnie called him instead of the vet for a coughing chicken. As for the Maru comment, your farmer should probably have a talk with him and then decide if, say, Elliott would make a better father.

Harvey seems to be glitching in your game. According to his married schedule on the wiki, he should hang out at Pierre's and then the fountain on Mondays, but head back to the farmhouse around 5. (He also works at the clinic about 6-6 on Tues & Thurs.) He should tell you about sand in his socks at the luau while married.
I think you might be misinterpreting Harvey's schedule and dialog issues. The spouses do not have agency to change their schedules, dialog, or behavior. They follow the game programming, only changing along specified parameters, like friendship points and heart events. The gift giving jealousy is rarely triggered and gives a new dialog but carries no gameplay penalty.
In the larger scheme of things, it makes sense, because time passes differently in Stardew Valley. The children never grow up and chickens never grow too old to lay eggs. The villagers follow the same pathing and say the exact same things. Hayley doesn't even notice if you plant grass in her bedroom!

sweetpea83

Cowpoke
I divorced harvey after 4 children later He was absence too many times..and Maru was the problem.
She was unproffessional when I popin unannouce one day out of the blue to make an innocent appearance she practically jump at a conversation I over heard her saying to my surprise as she was referring to him as harvey instead of Dr. With the missing in action many times wasn't in bed (our bed) til I woke up next morning he turned up in the kitchen making me breakfast! Mind you he has his old apt. Still was patiece

Rhiannon

Farmer
It does sound like Weird Harvey. @Rhiannon is the married-to-Harvey expert, maybe she has wisdom?
Sounds to me like you married a replicant of Harvey who is malfunctioning. I've never had Harvey do any of those things. And he's always so sweet to me, making me complete breakfast regularly, telling me how wonderful I am, that he's so happy living on the farm, loves our family. He always in our bed by 10pm. The only time he's not wonderful is if HE is blocking the farmhouse door. He makes a snide comment. But I forgive him. It's understandable after he's worked so hard to provide for us!