Hammers or swords??

Lew Zealand

Helper
The people who can fight effectively with the Hammers say they can be used more effectively than a sword but the extent of my fighting ability is: swing thing. Then swing thing again but faster maybe. Repeat as needed.

Using that artful technique I find the Hammers not to work too well for me so I stick with the Sword. You're probably much better with the Hammers so have fun smashing stuffs!

Jayamos

Farmer
I’m also a flailer but am trying going into the Mines with just a hammer to get better with it. Hammers take more skill to use well and I can’t say I’m good with it, but for multiple enemies at once the special attack is very satisfying when I get it right. So I’d say no, those shards weren’t wasted, but if you’re in doubt practice so you can put that galaxy hammer to good use.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Congrats! I love the hammer. It does a lot of damage, it's quite fast, and if I am surrounded, the special attack is a lifesaver. Artful will let you repeat that special attack much more frequently, so I say it's worth the investment.

I consider the hammer to be strictly superior to the sword. Especially if you abuse the multi-hit glitch that even a glitchless speedrun permits (mostly because it's almost impossible to not accidentally do it). Press right-click to do the area pound, then spam left click, and it'll hit multiple times.

But hey, that's, like, just my opinion, man.

Godkin

Planter
Everyone has the right to express their opinion, and this is normal. Again, this really depends on individual preference. The sword is recognized as one of the best weapons, although it has a disadvantage in terms of damage when compared to the hammer. Hammers also have their own speed stat that can be further upgraded, but in contrast, swords have a naturally higher speed, and you can upgrade them further. Additionally, the sword also has the ability to block attacks occasionally. The most important thing is to give the impression that you are giving your best, and that is what can create a positive influence on everyone. (¬_¬)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I want to remember this. I really super want to remember this! Perhaps it will happen one day but I know me and it's very likely not today.
Even if you only click 1-2 extra times it’s a lot more damage, especially if you get the acrobat enchant and acrobat profession which cut down the special attack cooldown to a mere quarter of what they were. It makes the dagger and hammer far more useful