PC Gus never goes to Ginger island

MrDazh

Newcomer
I've been going to the island to look for Gus almost every day (though I did miss a few days) and I have gone a whole year in-game without ever seeing Gus stepping onto Ginger island.
Is it an issue on my end, purely my mistake or computer issue or is anyone else facing this issue too?

Cheers

imnvs

Local Legend
I've gone a whole year and only seen him once. I'm unsure of the conditions under which he goes to the island, and the wiki only says, "on random days," which isn't very helpful.

MrDazh

Newcomer
I've gone a whole year and only seen him once. I'm unsure of the conditions under which he goes to the island, and the wiki only says, "on random days," which isn't very helpful.
Oh man.. once a year under an unknown condition is not an easy task..
If only there was a fixed schedule :(

Ereo

Helper
My guess is it's a random schedule. I've seen him a couple of times since I bought the recipe.

MrDazh

Newcomer
My guess is it's a random schedule. I've seen him a couple of times since I bought the recipe.
Guides do indicate that it's random. The strange thing is that I haven't seen him at all throughout the year.. that must not be random now, is it?

Ereo

Helper
The thing about randomness is, the chance to get 000000 is just as high as 011010. One looks random to humans, the other one doesn't...

It could just be bad luck. Or there could be a bug. Just for the sake of being thorough, are you using mods? Always include that info in bug reports.

MrDazh

Newcomer
The thing about randomness is, the chance to get 000000 is just as high as 011010. One looks random to humans, the other one doesn't...

It could just be bad luck. Or there could be a bug. Just for the sake of being thorough, are you using mods? Always include that info in bug reports.
Yes, I totally agree with what you're saying. My point regarding it feeling like it doesn't seem to be acting randomly is that you'd assume a reasonable normal distribution would occur across a time frame, in this case, a year.

Sorry, first time on a forum. I'm running vanilla.

Should I be sharing anything else?

xXLuLuXx

Greenhorn
I've been going to the island to look for Gus almost every day (though I did miss a few days) and I have gone a whole year in-game without ever seeing Gus stepping onto Ginger island.
Is it an issue on my end, purely my mistake or computer issue or is anyone else facing this issue too?

Cheers
Turn the resort on and off. As in close it for a day. Then back on. Got him in three days after a year of never seeing him.

LoofieTaco

Newcomer
So I had this same problem and the thing that seemed to fix it was to visit the star beach to the right of the resort after you've built it. I fished the golden walnut out of the center and then went back to the resort part and suddenly (at 2:20p) a whole bunch of towspeople showed up, including Gus at the bar. Before this, I couldn't get anyone to come for a solid season. Hope this helps!