Got discord

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Ay, got discord and am now part of the community there, I still like the community here much more though beccause of the more close-nit happy farmer vibes you guys all give off as well as the so much less toxcicity here.
Still going to be here just as much though and don't plan to stop so don't cast me off to the dark side just yet!

Odin

Staff member
as well as the so much less toxcicity here.
Hopefully nothing too bad, but as always don't hesitate to report anything that feels rule-breaking or uncomfortable to you, whether that's here or in another community! On the Stardew Discord you can report stuff by messaging the Bouncer bot.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hopefully nothing too bad, but as always don't hesitate to report anything that feels rule-breaking or uncomfortable to you, whether that's here or in another community! On the Stardew Discord you can report stuff by messaging the Bouncer bot.
it wasn't too bad, no, but thanks for the tips, and see you around there.

imnvs

Local Legend
Ay, got discord and am now part of the community there, I still like the community here much more though beccause of the more close-nit happy farmer vibes you guys all give off as well as the so much less toxcicity here.
Yeah, I now clearly see what you mean. Some pretty aggressive jerks in the Discord. Nothing rule-breaking. They're just each of them a horse's hind-end.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
y'all, you do know Odin and I are both staff members there. While I understand the environments can feel different (one is a fast-paced chat-focused platform, while the other is a much slower-paced platform that benefits from longer discussions) it doesn't exactly feel great to just read these complaints here like they're entirely different communities. Like, we're here to help. People being rude to you is against the rules full stop, we want everyone to be comfortable where we can and if there's a problem or suggestions to make you feel more welcome we really want to hear that

imnvs

Local Legend
y'all, you do know Odin and I are both staff members there. While I understand the environments can feel different (one is a fast-paced chat-focused platform, while the other is a much slower-paced platform that benefits from longer discussions) it doesn't exactly feel great to just read these complaints here like they're entirely different communities. Like, we're here to help. People being rude to you is against the rules full stop, we want everyone to be comfortable where we can and if there's a problem or suggestions to make you feel more welcome we really want to hear that
What's hurtful? How about when someone made a nonsensical statement, I asked what they meant BY THAT STATEMENT, and everyone BUT THE PERSON I ASKED tried to explain to me what the damned community center is. And because explaining to these dumb dumbs that they weren't the person asked and they are only making assumptions because their answers were not sufficient to me took too long for them, they'd apparently all decided to move on and now I'm the bad guy because I don't talk in 5 word sentences rapidly fired off. Like seriously, I got so many "Dude, move on" and "We're done with that" just because my response took too long to type. Them deciding that I don't get my say is FULL ON RUDE, but there was an admin right there and active who did nothing about it.

And they are different communities. Nobody here doesn't know who I am. Nobody there does know who I am. Just because there is overlap doesn't mean they aren't different. They are VERY different. They are simply adjacent.

And describing any criticism as hurtful? Please, don't try to guilt us for finding the culture in Discord too aggressive.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I can see how that may have come across as such but I think @imnvs has a point when he says the rudeness has a weird line where it was drawn and the only time I have seen a mod even say anything about a topic was when people were "singing" in the chat about drugs and other topics drawn from that.
We weren't exaclty having a completely civilized conversation here but I also would be lying if I said our conversation was ill-meritted and without reason.
I do also agree that while there is overlap, these are two different communities, each attracting quite a few individuals who only partake in one. This can lead to some conflict in the people who participate in both and some biases towards one or the other that we may which we may wish to share with one another.
This was obviously in a more abrupt way than you and maybe even us would like to so perhaps we could continue this with more toned down criticism and thoughts about it.
Thank you.

Reactions: Jar
I also joined the SDV Discord server, but I rarely talk there. Mostly because I can't keep up with the discussion there (it's just tedious trying figure out what are they currently discussing). I also try to avoid conflicts between fans with different thoughts about the game. I usually just check the server for news or events that I can join.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I also joined the SDV Discord server, but I rarely talk there. Mostly because I can't keep up with the discussion there (it's just tedious trying figure out what are they currently discussing). I also try to avoid conflicts between fans with different thoughts about the game. I usually just check the server for news or events that I can join.
yeah, the quick paced discussion is a bit annoying sometimes.