- Golden Clock should allow the player to freeze time -

Rexsilion26

Greenhorn
- IDEA -

I don't know about you, but I think at the point where you get the Golden Clock you should be able to have infinite time in the day.
-
I mean, it's not like it would make much of a difference, in the sense of being too OP.

Ereo

Helper
It would massively? People would be able to get to floor like 5,000 and get a chest full of iridium
The question is, once you have the 10 Million for the golden clock, does anything you do still make a difference? I don’t particularly see the need to have infinite days at that point. It could also not work for the skull cavern if that’s too overpowered.

Bawby

Planter
I kinda like this. I see it as temporary, like a buff, where time does stop. Everything stops. Machines, villagers (Meaning no bus and no boat. Gotta have obelisks or totems.), creatures (can't fish--would only pull out trash), and the music. Ooh, it would be so funky!
I suppose in my mind, the purpose of this buff would be to tend to the farm and have an uninterrupted head start in the mines/cavern/volcano.

Anyway, that's only my thoughts, not the original creator of this thread's. I don't intend to hijack the thread.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The question is, once you have the 10 Million for the golden clock, does anything you do still make a difference? I don’t particularly see the need to have infinite days at that point. It could also not work for the skull cavern if that’s too overpowered.
If you don't allow it for some stuff and do for others you get a weird matchup between the two though, would the same also apply to other dungeons/mines or just the skull cavern, etc.

Maybe it only freezes time on the farm and you get your farm chores done in peace?

Rexsilion26

Greenhorn
If you don't allow it for some stuff and do for others you get a weird matchup between the two though, would the same also apply to other dungeons/mines or just the skull cavern, etc.

Maybe it only freezes time on the farm and you get your farm chores done in peace?
Just like the Town Key, that only works in Pelican Town, the Golden Clock will only work there too.
-
Yes, it would work in normal caves.
If you think it would be too OP, as the player could spend hours farming materials in the caves, think about the following:

At the point in the game where you have the Golden Clock you will have better ways to make money.
Also, you won't need much money after that.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Just like the Town Key, that only works in Pelican Town, the Golden Clock will only work there too.
-
Yes, it would work in normal caves.
If you think it would be too OP, as the player could spend hours farming materials in the caves, think about the following:

At the point in the game where you have the Golden Clock you will have better ways to make money.
Also, you won't need much money after that.
Money is very easy to get, a player could easily get the clock then go after basically the rest of perfection.

I'm more concerned with the comparisons between the two stages, it would matter for anyone trying to compare time sensetive accomplishment with another while having it exist as an option.

Personally, I think if it were to ever exist as an option, it should only work on the farm or slow down time on the farm, much like skull cavern slows down time.