give me yo fave anime

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
For me? I'd say the first anime I ever came to love was Air.

Coming up behind that would probably be Mahoromatic.

Lastly, I love one anime that never got enough love, Final Fantasy: Unlimited.

I own both Air and Final Fantasy: Unlimited on DVD, but sadly sold Mahoromatic when I was young. I wish I kept it. I am glad I held onto Final Fantasy though, as it's just as rare now as it was when I bought it when it was in print.

Sounny

Rancher
Kino no Tabi - Kino's Journey
Very philosophical and charming. A hint of sadness and anger occasionally.
Kino is a girl who travels her strange world with her talking mortcyle, Hermes.
Each country, village, town or whatever has it's own unique collective trait and or moral philosophy that the reader/view experiences through the mostly neutral Kino and Hermes.

Junimo4659

Cowpoke
My favorite anime movie is A Silent Voice. It’s very good yeah. But, I also like Horimiya, One Punch Man, Naruto, One Piece, Jujustu Kaisen, Spy X Family, and Romantic Killer! I am an otaku/weeb(whatever u would call me) yall so I’ve watched a lotttt of good anime. Oh and there is a manga called Blue Lock it is very good, but I prefer the manga over the anime.

Last edited:

Flutterdoc

Farmhand
I
i know there's some nerds in this forum, let's hear it

one of my favorite anime series is madoka magica, i haven't watched the spinoff but the original 12 eps are close to my heart. i watched the first 2 movies for the first time recently and enjoyed the changes-- the 3rd movie i've seen several times now and it blows me away every time i watch it, i really love the series as a whole

i like all types of anime but i probably lean towards shojo when i'm not watching the more serious/horror type stuff. ore monogatari (my love story) is one of my favorites hands down. i have a big crush on takeo but who wouldn't.

nausicaa of the valley of the wind is my favorite miyazaki movie and one of my favorite movies to date, the message is so powerful and it is so, so, so incredibly underrated, please watch it.
the properly-rated movie i love is akira, it's a classic for a reason. i recently bought the manga to read!

other anime series and movies i love and are very close to my heart:
paprika, cells at work, dragon ball z, inuyasha, ranma 1/2, summer wars, ouran high school host club, kimi ni todoke

some recent favorites of mine are the disastrous life of saiki k (it's hilarious) and kakegurui (this anime is CRAZY y'all)

anyway that's enough of me! i want to hear what you guys like
only anime I have watched is Aggretsuko, and I defo need some suggestions lol

Flutterdoc

Farmhand
i know there's some nerds in this forum, let's hear it

one of my favorite anime series is madoka magica, i haven't watched the spinoff but the original 12 eps are close to my heart. i watched the first 2 movies for the first time recently and enjoyed the changes-- the 3rd movie i've seen several times now and it blows me away every time i watch it, i really love the series as a whole

i like all types of anime but i probably lean towards shojo when i'm not watching the more serious/horror type stuff. ore monogatari (my love story) is one of my favorites hands down. i have a big crush on takeo but who wouldn't.

nausicaa of the valley of the wind is my favorite miyazaki movie and one of my favorite movies to date, the message is so powerful and it is so, so, so incredibly underrated, please watch it.
the properly-rated movie i love is akira, it's a classic for a reason. i recently bought the manga to read!

other anime series and movies i love and are very close to my heart:
paprika, cells at work, dragon ball z, inuyasha, ranma 1/2, summer wars, ouran high school host club, kimi ni todoke

some recent favorites of mine are the disastrous life of saiki k (it's hilarious) and kakegurui (this anime is CRAZY y'all)

anyway that's enough of me! i want to hear what you guys like
well actually I have watched a ton of studio ghibli movies, I like howls moving castle and ponyo the most of those

astatine210

Rancher
My favorite anime movie is A Silent Voice. It’s very good yeah. But, I also like Horimiya, One Punch Man, Naruto, Jujustu Kaisen, Spy X Family, and Romantic Killer! I am an otaku/weeb(whatever u would call me) yall so I’ve watched a lotttt of good anime. Oh and there is a manga called Blue Lock it is very good, but I prefer the manga over the anime.
Romantic Killer is funny as is One Punch Man.

I watched A Silent Voice and it was so painful but worth it. Your Lie in April was another one that used to be on Netflix that I had watched that made me cry...

Some classics that I watched as a kid was Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X), the early seasons of Bleach, Magic Knight Rayearth (classic Isekai with 3 friends jumping worlds), Saint Tail, and Card Captor Sakura... for the real oldies, I used to watch Voltes V; I think they did a remake of that series, too.

Ghibli movie faves are Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Totoro.

In university I had watched some more dramatic ones: "Paradise Kiss" and "Honey and Clover".

Junimo4659

Cowpoke
Romantic Killer is funny as is One Punch Man.

I watched A Silent Voice and it was so painful but worth it. Your Lie in April was another one that used to be on Netflix that I had watched that made me cry...

Some classics that I watched as a kid was Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X), the early seasons of Bleach, Magic Knight Rayearth (classic Isekai with 3 friends jumping worlds), Saint Tail, and Card Captor Sakura... for the real oldies, I used to watch Voltes V; I think they did a remake of that series, too.

Ghibli movie faves are Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Totoro.

In university I had watched some more dramatic ones: "Paradise Kiss" and "Honey and Clover".
Yeah lots of people are saying since I like the Silent Voice I should watch Your Lie In April. I’m going to watch it and I hope for the best! And yes, the Silent Voice was very sad to watch. I actually shed tears while watching it!

My favorite anime is definitely Fullmetal Alchemist! It was the first one I saw, and it's still one of the best out there. Another really good one is Dungeon Meshi. I actually saw a Dungeon Meshi inspired mod for Stardew Valley.

Draconifors

Sodbuster
I can't stand anime -- with one exception: The Moomins. Loved it when I was a kid, and it's still great. But only the original, 1990s series, not whatever the new one might be.

I never knew it counted as an anime until I was well into my adult years, because it looks nothing like the typical anime -- and it's based on books that are Finnish rather than Japanese.

astatine210

Rancher
I can't stand anime -- with one exception: The Moomins. Loved it when I was a kid, and it's still great. But only the original, 1990s series, not whatever the new one might be.

I never knew it counted as an anime until I was well into my adult years, because it looks nothing like the typical anime -- and it's based on books that are Finnish rather than Japanese.
Holy smokes how could i forget Moomins??? yes. that was a great one too.