give me linus and the wizard >:(

Kurachi84

Planter
In case of Linus: He says he doesn't want to, as he's happy in the wild
The Wizard i don't know, seems like a shut-in person to me, but could work like Krobus
Sorry for the spoiler command usage, i don't wanna take away the surprise from others.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay...

For Linus: he is happy with his life, and doesn't want it to change. He just wants people to accept him the way he is.. He even says he wouldn't be happy living on the farm at some point.

For the Wizard, or as I like to call him, Raz: he is hung up on his ex still. I don't see him being receptive.

Also, spoilers because of stuff from heart events and storyline stuff not everyone may know. I'm not going to apologize for using them, though. 😉😘

Ereo

Helper
I love Linus. But I respect his lifestyle, so to move in with him, I would have to move to the woods. He's not gonna be happy on a farm.

Now you could make the farm into a wildlife resort. No more cutting down trees, no crops, no animals. Forage and fish, just like in the mountains. Maybe Linus would like it then.

The wizard? Probably cheated on his wife. If he cheated on her, he'll cheat on you.
And he is still pining for her, so no thank you, we'll be good friends.

imnvs

Local Legend
ok,,,,
who was he married to lmao
LRangerR told you, but the person he named is hidden behind an inline spoiler, so that only the people that don't know and want the spoiler will see it by clicking. You see after "to" in his post where there's a smudge? Click on it if you really want to know. It'll reveal the text hidden behind the spoiler.

I'll admit, an inline spoiler works better when it is bigger, or braced on either side by visible text. That one's hard to notice. If you scroll further up, both Kurachi and I used some inline spoilers too, and those are a bit more visible.

rippytrippy

Planter
LRangerR told you, but the person he named is hidden behind an inline spoiler, so that only the people that don't know and want the spoiler will see it by clicking. You see after "to" in his post where there's a smudge? Click on it if you really want to know. It'll reveal the text hidden behind the spoiler.

I'll admit, an inline spoiler works better when it is bigger, or braced on either side by visible text. That one's hard to notice. If you scroll further up, both Kurachi and I used some inline spoilers too, and those are a bit more visible.
oH
Did nooottt see the smudge lol. i saw the previous ones but not that one :sweat: really shows you how attentive I am
I'm ok with little stuff like that being spoiled however I'd rather not have big plot events spoiled
Now I'm gonna try to figure out the rest of the story between him and his,,,, past wife lol

rippytrippy

Planter
You and all the rest of us. We know very little. You'll have to make better friends with the Wizard if you want to learn what is available.
i already have 4 hearts with him, only because i wanted to be able to [change my appearance]

imnvs

Local Legend
Oh, nearly forgot... you actually won't find out some things until late game. We're talking late, like after you have the all the community upgrades from Joja late. Friendship isn't as necessary to get the bulk, of that particular portion of his backstory, now that I think about it.

If you want perfection, along with all that grants, eventually you'll have to make friends with everyone.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
Two things:

First, who says you'd have to live with your spouse? Why couldn't you marry Linus, and happily live semi-separately? He could occasionally move his tent to the farm, and sometimes stay a couple of days in the house, then move back to his usual spot. I wouldn't mind that at all!

Okay, that makes it three things, because now I wonder, "Why should your spouse have to move to the farm, instead of vice-versa?" Particularly if you were able to marry Pam, say. Your farmhouse could be a B&B, or a shrine to grandpa, or a farm store, or... I mean, it's not *that* long of a commute from town to farm! 😆

And I actually don't think the Wizard would be a good candidate. I just kinda feel like he's a better character when he's a bit mysterious and remote; it gives more narrative options, in my opinion. I *do* see the appeal, though, and one of the neato things about Stardew is all the different ways to play. So if I don't want to get over-familiar with the Wiz, I could just, y'know, not marry him. ;)