iOS Gamepad Support Bugs on iOS

YellowRex

Greenhorn
Very excited to pick up Stardew Valley on my iPad today and find the 1.5 update! Thanks!

I found three major bugs with gamepad support with just a few minutes of playing. I’m using a Sony DualShock 4 controller (model CUH-ZCT2U) on an iPad Pro 11” (MTXP2LL/A) with iPadOS 16.5.1. I have Stardew Valley 1.5.6 Build 39.

Some things are improved with the new gamepad support. I can finally stack items in inventory! Some things used to work but don’t anymore, like the bugs I found below.

Here’s what I found:

* Selling items

If you try to sell a second item, it just returns the last item sold from the box instead. Open the selling crate, select an item from inventory with X. Drop it on the selling box with X. Then select a second item from inventory with X. Drop that on the last sold item in the crate with X. Expected: the second item is sold. Actual: the last item sold comes back to inventory and the second item selected is deselected. This used to work.

* Adding farm buildings

When I pick the option to add a building to my farm with X on the controller, the screen to pick farm buildings shows up and then immediately closes. It’s impossible to pick a farm building with the controller. This used to work.

* Menu screen

There’s no visible selection indicator on the menu screen; the rightmost tab of the pause menu; the one with “exit to title”, “swap to previous save”, etc. You can open the pause menu with circle, switch tabs to the game tab with R1. Expected: there’s some visible indication which button or slider is selected, e.g. a hand or an arrow. Actual: No visible indication. Also if you press X right away, you get “swap to previous save” and not “Exit to title”, even though that’s the first option. I don’t think this ever worked with the gamepad.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
* Selling items

If you try to sell a second item, it just returns the last item sold from the box instead. Open the selling crate, select an item from inventory with X. Drop it on the selling box with X. Then select a second item from inventory with X. Drop that on the last sold item in the crate with X. Expected: the second item is sold. Actual: the last item sold comes back to inventory and the second item selected is deselected. This used to work.
I'm finding this issue frustrating also. I'm using a DS4 and have to resort to using my finger for this and a couple other oddities to keep things moving.