Issue Game won't save when sleeping (on my main save only)

meduza_qo

Greenhorn
Going to sleep in my main save file causes the game to freeze and throw this error repeatedly:
System.Exception: Error on new day: --------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
What I already tried:
1. I updated SMAPI and all the mods that weren't replacing the textures. Didn't help, the same error
2. I tried to run the save on vanilla: it crashed and then the save got reverted to a very old state (specifically, to the state I first created this save file by making a copy of the folder)
3. I tried to use a back up for the previous day. Didn't help, the same error
4. I opened a different save file and went to sleep. It was successful both in modded and in vanilla version of the game which makes me suspect my save file is corrupted.
5. I checked the local files in Steam. They all were alright. Didn't help, the same error
6. I removed new JA mods I recently added. Also I tried to remove Ridgeside Valley because it does something with the pond, and there's mistake with it, according to parser. Didn't help, the same error

Platform: Windows, Steam release
Game version 1.5.6. Hotfix#3 (according to main menu)
SMAPI log link
My save folder attached to the post.

Please, give me any suggestions. I'd love to solve this.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks for the save, and log. Can you give this edited save a try; it works now on my end.

JsonAssets is unfortunately; a really buggy mod. And occasionally IDs get out of sync.
The fish pond broke because, the "<fishType>" for your 'King Salmon' pond was set to another custom item instead.
It was set to the 'Golden Ocean Flower' ID.
After referencing your JA objects file; I reset the pond fish type to the correct ID.

Attachments

meduza_qo

Greenhorn
Thanks for the save, and log. Can you give this edited save a try; it works now on my end.

JsonAssets is unfortunately; a really buggy mod. And occasionally IDs get out of sync.
The fish pond broke because, the "<fishType>" for your 'King Salmon' pond was set to another custom item instead.
It was set to the 'Golden Ocean Flower' ID.
After referencing your JA objects file; I reset the pond fish type to the correct ID.
Amazing! Everything works now! You've saved my 3-year playthrough!
Not going to mess with JA additional assets again.