Switch Game unplayable

RubyG

Newcomer
I recently have been unable to utilize my barrels, dehydrators, etc. I attempt to use the correct harvest and the item appears in my hands. I go to add to the machine and it disappears from hands, but doesn’t enter the machine, and stays in my inventory. I’ve tried multiple suggestions and I’m getting to the point where I think the game is just unplayable. I don’t want to start over as I’m in year 9. HELP!
 

veronicaab

Farmhand
Just making sure you're trying to use the machines correctly --

Dehydrator:
- must have 5 of the same items of the same quality
- must be either a fruit or a mushroom

Kegs (light colored barrel on its side):
- has to be a fruit or vegetable (no mushrooms) OR 5 coffee beans of the same quality

Casks (dark color barrel standing upright):
- must be in a basement
- must be aging cheese (cow or goat) or alcohol (wine, mead, beer, pale ale, mead)

Preserves jars (medium colored barrel standing upright with a lid):
- should work with whatever you're trying to put in it (fruit, vegetable, edible forage, mushroom, roe)
 

veronicaab

Farmhand
Just found this thread again. Not sure if you fixed the issue or not by now. But after reading it again, I'm wondering if you accidentally turned on Item Stowing in settings? This puts an item away instead of using it, and if this is the cause, you may have also had difficulty giving people gifts
 
Top