iOS Game-save not opening

Aisha94

Greenhorn
Hello there,
I’m playing on iPad and have reached summer year 3. I was playing fine yesterday but today when I open the save file the game crashes. So I deleted the app and re-installed it again (twice) and transferred back the saved files. But now, when I open the save files it goes back to the main screen and it has somehow duplicated in the load menu. Can someone please help I really really don’t wanna restart and lose all this progress 😢💔

PS: I think the save files are corrupted.

Last edited:

wildandblue

Sodbuster
It does sound like a possible corrupted file. If you open the Files app and go to On My iPad, does your SDV folder show more than one save file of the same name? If so, could you paste a screenshot of that view?

Aisha94

Greenhorn
It does sound like a possible corrupted file. If you open the Files app and go to On My iPad, does your SDV folder show more than one save file of the same name? If so, could you paste a screenshot of that view?
I tried adding them back one by one but it always goes to the main screen
IMG_3593.png

wildandblue

Sodbuster
I think I see the problem. Your folder name for your farm is different than your actual save files: FarmNa_370798933 versus Stardew_367774438. When they're not the same name, it causes problems. I'm not sure of the best way to resolve this, but you could try renaming the folder to match the farm name of your save files (or create a new one and move or copy the save files into it). Copying the whole folder as is to iCloud might be a good idea too before you make any changes so at least you have a copy. No guarantee this will resolve it but it might be worth a shot.

Aisha94

Greenhorn
I think I see the problem. Your folder name for your farm is different than your actual save files: FarmNa_370798933 versus Stardew_367774438. When they're not the same name, it causes problems. I'm not sure of the best way to resolve this, but you could try renaming the folder to match the farm name of your save files (or create a new one and move or copy the save files into it). Copying the whole folder as is to iCloud might be a good idea too before you make any changes so at least you have a copy. No guarantee this will resolve it but it might be worth a shot.
OMG it worked!!!! Thank you so so much 😭🌹 I was so sad cause I had reached ginger island and played a lot
Uh thank you again