Windows game not opening and freezing

dotopita

Newcomer
Hi! I've had this problem for a while where every 2 or 3 times I try to open the game, it wont open. It will say the app is running in steam, but it takes about 5 minutes for the game to open, and it freezes on the "looking for saved games" screen. Sometimes I get as far as waiting for my single player game to load, but it never actually loads. After that I turn off my computer and unplug it and it takes about a day for the game to work again.
I've tried a few possible solutions for this that I got from googling it, but nothing has worked so far. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple times when this happens too, as well as restarting my computer, but none of that helps.
My computer is a bit old but it still works fine and I haven't had any problems with it. It needs to be charging for it to run but that's about it. I've also never had this problem with another game.
Let me know if there's anything else I can try to fix this!

dotopita

Newcomer
haven't been able to play since I posted this, the game opens quickly but crashes every time I select my single player world.