Windows Game No Longer Launching (Steam)

toasterman

Newcomer
Ran into some trouble the other day in which my PC screen went black and had SV crash, only now for me to not be able to open it again in the first place! I can click RUN just fine on Steam, and the game "loads" but never opens, and then goes back to prompting me to open it. Does anyone have any fix advice for me? I recently got the game and I'm bummed out I just can't access it anymore for whatever reason.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ran into some trouble the other day in which my PC screen went black and had SV crash, only now for me to not be able to open it again in the first place! I can click RUN just fine on Steam, and the game "loads" but never opens, and then goes back to prompting me to open it. Does anyone have any fix advice for me? I recently got the game and I'm bummed out I just can't access it anymore for whatever reason.
Hi toasterman and Welcome to the Forums!

I'd uninstall Stardew and reinstall it if you haven't tried that already. Right click on Stardew Valley, click Manage, then Uninstall. Once it's done, click the Install button on the Stardew page in your Library to get a new, clean copy.