Windows Game lag/stutter

MedAmineG

Newcomer
The game was running just fine in the previous update, but after updating to 1.6 (and even after the 1.6.1 update) the game freezes whenever I click on a button.

To make it simple, during the character/world creation, whenever I want to change the skin color or the outfit it freezes for like 5s. And after I create a new game and start it, the game stops responding.
I really want to know how I can fix this problem if it's coming from me, or ask if it can be fixed. I really like this game and I was so hyped to try it :c

luke_j_3

Newcomer
I'm having the same issue! Even leaving my house and going into town my game will have the same thing like 5 to 10 second pause I'm using mods but it doesn't seem to do it without them.

doctorwodka

Newcomer
i'm also having this issue. played completely fine before 1.6, but now when interacting with items and such it'll stutter and pause. even after removing my mods it'll do this, though it's not as common. i'm not entirely sure what to do; the game is still playable, but this issue is quite annoying :(

Interrogação

Newcomer
Same thing with me In character creation, I created a new save and even opening Stardew without smapi it still crashes, so, the problem is with the game and not with the mods, when starting the game, after grandfather introduction and also skipping, the game stops responding for a long time, that's as far as I can go, for me it is not playable.

I discovered that if you go to (properties>Beta>Compatibility 32 bit system) The game runs with fewer to none crashes, but unfortunately the newest smapi doesn't recognize it and only works with a more modern version, 64 bits.

But my computer is 64 bit and I don't know what the heck is going on

Last edited: