Game goes black screen when go to sleep

heysaaan

Newcomer
My save file is attached. Please help 🥹

code in smapi:

[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: System.Exception: Error on new day:
---------------
Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(ReadOnlySpan`1 value, NumberStyles styles, NumberFormatInfo info)
at StardewValley.NPC.getFavoriteItem()
at StardewValley.Object.DayUpdate_PatchedBy<Digus.ProducerFrameworkMod__FlashShifter.SVECode__PeacefulEnd.AlternativeTextures>(Object this, GameLocation location)
at StardewValley.GameLocation.DayUpdate_PatchedBy<tlitookilakin.AeroCore>(GameLocation this, Int32 dayOfMonth)
at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext()
at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
---------------
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1117

Attachments

Hey, I saw the PM you sent me.
Can you post the full log via: https://smapi.io/log/
Looks like it may be a custom NPC error in one of the mods; but a full log should tell us more.

Also, unpacking your save shows it's 40MBs in size. That may cause issues down the line as well.
As I had to drop some mods from my folder just to get it to load without crashing.

Hi! here's the full log: https://smapi.io/log/8a8b9416c11045a081aebc607efdf69a

About the save, what do you suggest I do about it?
Howdy, thanks for the log! I don't see the original error, but the one I do see is for a broken fishpond.
As well as a few mods that SMAPI recommends updating at the top.

Code:
20:07:00    ERROR    game    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.Buildings.FishPond.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth)
   at StardewValley.Locations.BuildableGameLocation.DayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth)
   at StardewValley.Farm.DayUpdate_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.AlternativeTextures>(Farm this, Int32 dayOfMonth)
   at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext()
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
Taking a look at the save; you seem to have some fish in the fish ponds, created by ContentPatcher mods.

One of them is for a mod you no longer have installed: Durin's Rest

You can use this edited save; if you're going to continue without the mod.
As I reset the fish pond with the old, "Durin's Rest" fish data; back into a blank state.

And, it seems to load, and save to the next day now on my end.
But, let me know if you have any other issues.
-------------

As for the large save. If it's still working for you, ignoring this current SMAPI error.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, but something to keep in mind if the game is unable to load it later in the future.

For example, if it stops loading, and there's no errors in the log, and creating a new save works. Then give a heads up to the next person you reach out to about the save size; when sharing the log.
As we can test if it's just using up all the system resources attempting to load such a large save; by removing some of the custom data.

Attachments