Question Game crashing

Crspybacon

Newcomer
Hi my game keeps crashing and i keep getting this error:

Assertion failed: SteamnetworkSockets service thread waited 459ms for lock! This directly adds to network latency!
It could be a bug, but it's usually caused by general performance problem such as thread starvation or a debug output handler taking too long.

and it keep spamming in the SMAPI window when opening stardew

it loads all my mods just fine stardew opens up until i load the game and load my character then it just loads and gives me a (not responding) on my stardew window.

It was working perfectly fine the other day then this happens all of a sudden. I have 23 mods including SVE. I have tried to delete stardew and steam then redownload everything and still nothing. zone restarted my computer and again, nothing. I’m quite new to the PC gaming community so please bear with me but please help!

JanetTorgerson

Newcomer

Assertion failed: SteamnetworkSockets service thread waited 459ms for lock! This directly adds to network latency!
It could be a bug, but it's usually caused by general performance problem such as thread starvation or a debug output handler taking too long.

it loads all my mods just fine stardew opens up until i load the game and load my character then it just loads and gives me a (not responding) on my stardew window.

It was working perfectly fine the other day then this happens all of a sudden. I have 23 mods including SVE. I have tried to delete stardew and steam then redownload everything and still nothing. zone restarted my computer and again, nothing. I’m quite new to the PC gaming community so please bear with me but please help!
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Stardew Valley game and mods. If you are a college student looking for the Best Custom PPT Writing Service, I consider visiting this link https://customwriting.com/powerpoint-presentation to explore a diverse pool of skilled authors capable of completing your tasks. this platform offers top-notch assistance in creating engaging and visually appealing presentations tailored to your specific needs.
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Stardew Valley game and mods.

Edit: Any update?

Last edited:

ericofurtado

Greenhorn

For future reference for players who might go thru the same issue: I FINALLY solved the infamous "Thread Starvation" / "Steam Networking Sockets" issue! 😌

Steps:
1) Access your Steam settings and turn OFF those two configs:
- The "Beta Steam testing"
- The Steam overlay during gaming

2) For Linux players specifically (not sure if applicable on Windows too, perhaps yes):
- Go to your Stardew Valley game page on your Library in Steam. Search for the engine icon > Properties, and activate the proton stuff (the most recent excluding the top newest).

3) Use a mod called SPRITEMASTER (available at Nexus) to make your loading screens load faster and diminish lags.

And voìla! No more "thread starvation" issue. I hope this solution helps everyone who is facing this issue.