Android Game crashing on startup

I've been playing stardew valley on my phone (Samsung s9+) for a while now and have made it pretty far in the game, almost to year 4 and have completed a lot of quests. A couple days ago the game would suddenly crash as soon as i clicked on my saved game as well as clicking on "pickup where you left off", no error message just straight to my phone home screen. I got the game on my laptop (windows) and tried transferring the saved file as well as all the troubleshooting help i could find but it's still doing the same thing on my laptop. I'm able to start a new game just fine but I'd be sad to lose all the progress I've made :(

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it!

rayforshawn

Newcomer
I've been playing stardew valley on my phone (Samsung s9+) for a while now and have made it pretty far in the game, almost to year 4 and have completed a lot of quests. A couple days ago the game would suddenly crash as soon as i clicked on my saved game as well as clicking on "pickup where you left off", no error message just straight to my phone home screen. I got the game on my laptop (windows) and tried transferring the saved file as well as all the troubleshooting help i could find but it's still doing the same thing on my laptop. I'm able to start a new game just fine but I'd be sad to lose all the progress I've made :(

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it!
same problem here