Issue Game crashes when loading save

Flickasmustangs

Greenhorn
Hey there! I've spent hours trying to fix a save that I have. It used to have mods on it but have been deleted since. I have tried a lot of things such as verifying game file, transplanting game data from another working save file, and minor coding. I have also tried the suggestions in the missing/corrupt save file guide on the forum. I have an error log but I don't understand what to do with it or what it means. I have three other game saves that do load and work properly. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated thank you! Also I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum tab I just joined it.

Attachments

Thanks for the error log. This is indeed a modded issue.
The error is due to custom NPCs remaining in your save file from the old SDV Expanded mod.

NPCs like the following which will need to be removed:
Code:
GuntherSilvian
MorrisTod
MarlonFay
The wiki has a short guide on removing them: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Remove_an_NPC
Or if you prefer; post your save here, and I can help with that.

Flickasmustangs

Greenhorn
I wasn't able to find the coding for that character but I did find Marlon in the file. This is the file before i removed Marlon in case I messed it up some how but the error log is still saying there is Gunther Silvian in the save file. I had to compress it in order to attach it.

Attachments

Howdy, this seems to be the wrong save.
As you mention; there's no custom data inside it, and it loads fine on my end. Seems to be a newer save, at the beginning of Year 1.

The error log stated Winter25 Year 2 for the affected save.
Can you re-check your other saves.

Sorry about that! I also went through this file getting rid of old errors but brought up a null error that I'm unsure how to fix or if I did anything wrong. First one is untouched and the second one has the null error with two npc's removed and had to remove the horse for some reason.
No worries, thanks for the saves!
It looks like some extra data was deleted on the second one, hence the null error.
It's not in the original file, so just a bit of a deletion typo.

I actually got it working with the null error file I had to have smapi installed! It's up and running now :D
Glad to hear you got that working with SMAPI!

As an alternative.
I did go back to your original file, and deleted the custom NPCs, but left your horse.
As I didn't see anything wrong with it when testing in-game on my end.

But, feel free to reach out again if something else comes up.

Attachments