Issue Game crashes when loading a new day

eriestrella

Greenhorn
Hi! I'm new to modding satrdew and I think I went a little too crazy with mods, and now my game crashes when I go to sleep, it won't even save my progress.

I'm on Windows, here is my log: https://smapi.io/log/f30b57d2b9c0499bbb666b2deb45e6ec

I deleted a custom NPC (Milo) because I proposed to him and my game first crashed on the day of the wedding. It worked just fine after that.

I hope someone can help me, I really enjoy modded Stardew :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the log. It seems there's an error on a farm event:

Code:
21:33:41    TRACE    SpaceCore    Event: ChooseNightlyFarmEvent
21:33:41    TRACE    SMAPI       task complete.
21:33:41    TRACE    game    _newDayTask failed with an exception
21:33:41    ERROR    game    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.Utility.pickPersonalFarmEvent() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 6309
   at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9984
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
You mentioned deleting the NPC, but it crashing on the wedding. Sounds like you may have Milo as a spouse still.
And, that may be triggering the 'want children?' farm event.
Was that through save editing or just removing the mod?

If you can you post your save as well; I'll take a closer look:

eriestrella

Greenhorn

Code:
21:33:41    ERROR    game    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.Utility.pickPersonalFarmEvent() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Utility.cs:line 6309
   at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9984
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
You mentioned deleting the NPC, but it crashing on the wedding. Sounds like you may have Milo as a spouse still.

Code:

Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it!

I just deleted the mod to be honest, I'm super new to this hehe.

Here is my save, you'll be a life saver!

Attachments

No prob!
Alrighty, yea. Milo was still showing as the spouse in the save; so that was the issue.
Code:
<spouse>Milo</spouse>
I removed him as a spouse, and the NPC data from the farm. Then tested with a backup of the save, and I was able to progress to the next day.

Attachments

eriestrella

Greenhorn
No prob!
Alrighty, yea. Milo was still showing as the spouse in the save; so that was the issue.
Code:
<spouse>Milo</spouse>
I removed him as a spouse, and the NPC data from the farm. Then tested with a backup of the save, and I was able to progress to the next day.
OMG IT WORKED PERFECTLY THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU'RE AN ANGEL

I didn't want to start a new farm, so this is truly wonderful. Thank you again!