Solved Full screen on macbook M1 (camera notch) cuts off part of game content

liquid_metal

Greenhorn
With full screen apps, mac seems to put a black bar of pixels to mask the notch - but stardew is true to full screen dimensions of the screen which causes the very top of the screen to become cut off, cannot see the clock/time

Lew Zealand

Helper
There's a workaround for that (should work in all apps). Quit Stardew Valley and then:

Find Stardew Valley's location, usually in the Applications folder
Right click Stardew Valley and select Get Info
Check
the box next to Scale to fit below the built-in camera
Close
that info window and start up Stardew Valley again.

liquid_metal

Greenhorn
There's a workaround for that (should work in all apps). Quit Stardew Valley and then:

Check
Close
that worked great, thank you!

Maddie1579

Greenhorn

Check
Close
I'm having the same problem. I tried what you suggested, but I can't find a check box for scale to fit below built in camera. Any other advice?

Lu.B17

Greenhorn

Check
Close
Please help I can’t do it, i doesn’t propose scale to fit

mxrsoon

Newcomer
I'm also having this issue, but the option to fit below the camera is not showing up for me, probably because the Steam version isn't recognized as a proper app that can be directly launched. The GOG version allows me to check this box, but I'm unable to connect to a LAN game hosted using the Steam version (it tries to connect for a long time, then fails).

cirabenthia

Greenhorn
For Steam users, I found a fix at the platform level using this third-party "Say No to Notch" app. I just installed it and haven't played around with it much yet so I can't 100% vouch for it, but Stardew's title screen looks good to me now.

The app lets you toggle the camera "notch" on/off by reducing your mac's total screensize. Someone else recommended an alternative (BetterDisplay) as well, in case Say No to Notch breaks, but I haven't tried it. (source)

If you got your Stardew from GOG as a .app file then Lew Zealand's solution should work for you, so try that first. (My Terraria app had the same issue and I fixed it like this, for example.)

But for Steam's Stardew, other indie games, or unpackaged code that opens fullscreen windows, "Say No to Notch" seems like a useful tool to have around.