Windows Frustrating stuttering issue that I can't fix, please help!

chlo_4365

Newcomer
I am getting these really frustrating drops in fps, the cursor is lagging, the game stutters too. I am using SMAPI but this issue also happens when playing vanilla. I have over 200 hours in the game and stopped playing for a few weeks, and now that i'm back on i'm having this issue.

Here is what i have tried to no avail:
- Re-installing the game
- Cleaning it on Steam
- Setting the priority to high, also setting the affinity
- Updating all my drivers and everything on my pc
- Testing all mods separately, and none of them are the cause
- Checking my monitor is 60hz
- Turning vsync on and off
- The lag is the same whether on borderless or not

My PC specs:

Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
In total i have about 2TB of memory on my pc spare so this shouldn't be an issue
I'm able to play some really high spec games smoothly so this is so confusing aha

I LOVE this game and i'm really sad i can't play it, any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

NobleMilkman

Newcomer
I was having the same issue! I found out it was a problem with my screen refresh rate, if you have AMD Free sync or another V-sync built into the monitor it might be conflicting with the in-game refresh rate. I turned off my monitors Freesync and the in-game v-sync and it fixed it immediately. Hope this helps!

Vargavinter

Newcomer
I was having the same issue! I found out it was a problem with my screen refresh rate, if you have AMD Free sync or another V-sync built into the monitor it might be conflicting with the in-game refresh rate. Likewise, I turned off my monitor's Free sync and the in-game v-sync, and it fixed it immediately. Hope this helps!
Thanks! I have the exact issue! I tried the change to 32-bit and change the high DPI that people recommended. And I lowered my resolution to 1920 x 1080 and changed my Hz to 60.
Nothing removed the stutter. But since I play on my LG C1, and it has built in V-sync/VRR in game mode, I tried to turn the V-Sync on the TV and all the stutter disappeared! Thanks for the help! I hope that anyone else that have the same issues may find this post as well!