Mac Frog won't accept wheat

ardnaxela

Newcomer
I need help with the gourmand frog.
I am at the point in the quest where the frog requests wheat to be grown. I have grown in on Ginger island and tried giving it the gold, silver and regular wheat but it still tells me it's not what it wants.

What would you recommend I do to check why this bug takes place? I have quit and re-opened the game. Anything else I can do? really want those last walnuts...

Thank you

Attachments

wildandblue

Sodbuster
It looks like you're bringing wheat into the Gourmand Frog's cave to give to him, but that's not how it works, although I totally get why a player might think that. Instead plant at least one of what he's asking for in the large field, wait for it to mature, but don't harvest it. Then go into his cave and he'll ask if you have some. You'll say yes and he will come out of the cave to inspect it and the rest of the cutscene will play. If I've misunderstood your question, just let me know.

From the wiki (https://stardewcommunitywiki.com/Ginger_Island#Gourmand_Frog):

Gourmand Frog
After the parrots repair the sleeping hut, a cave appears in the upper right-hand corner of the map. In it is the Gourmand Frog who will reminisce about days when specific crops were growing on the farm and asks you to grow them. Once they're grown, you can return to him and he will award you with Golden Walnuts.

Last edited: