Free saves

Aotrs Commander

Greenhorn
I figure I may as well make an official suggestion, regarding this.

I would like the ability (a toggle, as default, whatever) to be able to save anywhere, rather than just at the end of the day. I am given to understand this is a feature implemented on the android version (presumably by necessity), so it seems as though (some of the coding presumably already exists*) and thus it would be nice to see the functionality on the desktop/Windows version as well. A toggle ala other's games Ironman mode perhaps, if people would rather not have the ability to save and reload mid-day for whatever reason.

While the Save Anywhere mod exists, it is something of a work-around, and is also reliant on modders (the original or someone who knows how to do it) to keep it updated.

I know it's a small thing to a lot of people, but the ability to be able to save as I need is a quality of life feature I think should be available on pretty much every game (since life intervenes at in conveniant points).

(Case in point, this time last year, I spent a good period getting intermittent power-offs on my desktop, which took weeks to track down.)

*Corollary that, as they say, dammit, I am a CAD jockey, not a programmer Jim, and there could be OS-related programming complications I have no understanding of.

Kurachi84

Planter
Lately i have to AFK a lot to help my father, and many times after that, i'm tired, so wanna take a break by doing other stuff, like watching videos.
Then my PC has been bad from the start, but lately seems to be near the end of its lifespan, and i don't have a way to use a new(er) PC, so if it'd crash, and i saved in time, saving will happen more often, i'd save my progress.
I play with Timespeed mod, so my days ingame are longer, and sometimes i'm trying stuff with time disabled, and saving could avoid loss of many things i'd do at a day in SDV.
Then of course if something happens IRL, this save system could avoid many people to be annoyed by losing progress.

The reason i would like some mods to be in the vanilla game is exactly what you mentioned, which is that we have to count on modders, and sometimes modders quit, need a long time, or a mod gets bugged out becuse of a SDV update that changed something the mod was also working with.

With this Save Anytime option, i could easily play SDV more, without being afraid to lose progress, and can easily take breaks without the need to finish the day to save, while i'm tired or have to do stuff.
My brains are damaged, so i need breaks, and if something like my helping my father comes randomly many times a day, i can just help after a mid-day save :)
No worrying about the crash or needing to finish the day (i do lots of thinking, so i calculate each day when planning something, screwing one thing up can make my thinking work for nothing) or about modders being too busy, being gone, or having to work around a new SDV update, which sometimes might be a disaster, depending on the mod.
And consoles don't have mods, from what i've heard.