Issue FPS issues after update

Phoenix92

Greenhorn
Hi all,
I've updated the game to 1.5.5 and SMAPI is up to date as well. I am experiencing loss of framerate, stuttering, and freezing in the game now. Literally two days ago it was fine. I saw other people complaining about this in the main support forum as well as Steam, but I came here since I've got mods installed. V Sync is disabled, which helped a little bit but not enough to save the game from being unplayable. I'm on Windows 7.

Here's my SMAPI log in case it's one of the mods. https://smapi.io/log/566cb7e6651c492cbf5fbcd7f15d4f73

Thanks so much for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellipsoidal

Newcomer
I don't think it's any individual mod. I have similar, but less pronounced issues with the base game. By tweaking a few settings, I got it down to bearable, but not quite undetectable there. Once I added SMAPI the game went back to stuttering about as much as it had before I started mucking about. After installing two mods (Automate and CJB Cheats), the stuttering was worse than it ever had been.

geminitrait

Greenhorn
Also having this problem; it's absolutely unplayable. Smapi is updated, along with my installed mods.
If anyone finds a solution, please let us know : ( & if I can uninstallthe updadte for it to work, I'd like someone to let me know how to do that as well.

millsj13

Sodbuster
Hi all,
I've updated the game to 1.5.5 and SMAPI is up to date as well. I am experiencing loss of framerate, stuttering, and freezing in the game now. Literally two days ago it was fine. I saw other people complaining about this in the main support forum as well as Steam, but I came here since I've got mods installed. V Sync is disabled, which helped a little bit but not enough to save the game from being unplayable. I'm on Windows 7.

Here's my SMAPI log in case it's one of the mods. https://smapi.io/log/566cb7e6651c492cbf5fbcd7f15d4f73

I don't notice any mods that would cause a slow down.
Have you tried to verify your game through steam?

geminitrait

Greenhorn
An update: I really wanted to play & it was bothering me that I couldn't figure it out so I did what I do with my Sims mods when they inevitably cause mayhem...

I added the mods one by one while opening the game after each (well, actually, I added a few at a time since I have 120+ mods lmao) to see when the lagwould happen. It didn't end up being any of the ones you have, (it was Animated Mining, Animated Food & Drinks, & Animated Slime Eggs & Loot/CP Animations), but keeping those out did work and now my game doesn't lag at all. I know this may not be a solution for your specific issue, but I thought I'd mention it since it worked for me, incase it does the same for you (as well as anyone else). I'm sorry if this ends up nothelping at all, but I did wanna try.. I do hope you (& again, anyone else) having this issue gets it fixed!!

Now the only problem I have is that my custom wallpapers/floorings don't stay when I close the game out lmao

Phoenix92

Greenhorn
I don't think it's any individual mod. I have similar, but less pronounced issues with the base game. By tweaking a few settings, I got it down to bearable, but not quite undetectable there. Once I added SMAPI the game went back to stuttering about as much as it had before I started mucking about. After installing two mods (Automate and CJB Cheats), the stuttering was worse than it ever had been.
I was worried it might be Automate, or at least made worse by it, because when I tried opening one of the chests, the whole game just froze. I haven't had the courage to disable it and try it again. :laugh:

Phoenix92

Greenhorn
An update:
I removed everything, even SMAPI. Game still has massive lag and stuttering. So, it's good to know it's not my mods causing it, but it's frustrating because it's pretty much unplayable.

Pan.W

Cowpoke
An update: I really wanted to play & it was bothering me that I couldn't figure it out so I did what I do with my Sims mods when they inevitably cause mayhem...

I added the mods one by one while opening the game after each (well, actually, I added a few at a time since I have 120+ mods lmao) to see when the lagwould happen. It didn't end up being any of the ones you have, (it was Animated Mining, Animated Food & Drinks, & Animated Slime Eggs & Loot/CP Animations), but keeping those out did work and now my game doesn't lag at all. I know this may not be a solution for your specific issue, but I thought I'd mention it since it worked for me, incase it does the same for you (as well as anyone else). I'm sorry if this ends up nothelping at all, but I did wanna try.. I do hope you (& again, anyone else) having this issue gets it fixed!!

Now the only problem I have is that my custom wallpapers/floorings don't stay when I close the game out lmao
Thank you so much! Remove all CP Animations related mod solve my lag and stuttering. Still don't understand how those mods could cause lag and stuttering.

haywud

Farmhand
@Phoenix92 Have you tried to set the CPU affinity in the Task Manager while the game is running? If not, try running the game and open the Task Manager. Look for the executable for Stardew, then right click it and select Set Affinity. On the popup that appears, uncheck CPU 0 and click OK. Then go back to the game to see if it made a difference.

I also play on Windows 7, and I notice I get some pretty awful performance issues too unless I set that affinity. Setting that doesn't seem to completely get rid of the problems, but I do notice that it's less severe and less frequent by doing that. Though to be fair this was happening to me before the update, and after, so it might not be something that helps you though it may be worth trying anyway.

MrPietro

Newcomer
Same issues. Only have smapi installed. Frame drops from 60 to 45 on a constant basis. Powerfull pc. Its awfull

Phoenix92

Greenhorn
@Phoenix92 Have you tried to set the CPU affinity in the Task Manager while the game is running? If not, try running the game and open the Task Manager. Look for the executable for Stardew, then right click it and select Set Affinity. On the popup that appears, uncheck CPU 0 and click OK. Then go back to the game to see if it made a difference.

I also play on Windows 7, and I notice I get some pretty awful performance issues too unless I set that affinity. Setting that doesn't seem to completely get rid of the problems, but I do notice that it's less severe and less frequent by doing that. Though to be fair this was happening to me before the update, and after, so it might not be something that helps you though it may be worth trying anyway.
Well, I definitely tried that just now and got an access denied error when I clicked Set Affinity. You'd think that I, as the administrator account, wouldn't have that issue, but here we are. :/

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Hi all,

This is occurring with a lot of people, and it has to do with the latest game patch itself. CA even made a post for anyone experiencing this to provide information on it, so as to try and figure out/fix the issues.