Found something weird while fishing earlier today

Ambrosia

Greenhorn
Hi!

So straight to the point, here's my character fishing at the beach:
my character throwing the fishing line in the rock, because why not

As you can see, my fishing line is cast into the rock (left of the docks). The reason behind this is earlier today, I found out that if you cast the line into that rock, you will only ever get star-quality fish.

Here's a screenshot of the fish I got in a day:
1660488374629.png

(3 Iridium, 8 Gold and 6 Silver fish)

And that's it :laugh: just wanted to share I guess

(I have no idea how to end a post so this is what's gonna be here until I figure it out xD)

Last edited:

Farrow

Sodbuster
The actual reason that happens in game is due to you casting one tile further when casting towards the left or the right instead of up or down. The rock is a good way to tell the depth of the water especially at the beach. But yes the rock is the sign of the depth being silver star or better

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This might be of some insight for you:
1661042213811.png

As previously stated you cast further east and west rather than north/south.

Regardless of this, it matters less how far you can cast than where your bobber lands.
These are tied but as you can see from the image above, there are 5 fishing zones, each at a varying distance from the shore.
When your bobber lands on a higher fishing zone you will automatically have a higher base chance for quality fish as well as treasure chest loot and quantity.

This just shows that regardless of distance on the side of the dock as blade has explained, you will get the same chance of higher base quality of fish as long as all other variables remain stable.

Hope you find this somewhat helpful in deciding where to fish or at least gain a smidgen of an understanding on what happens each time you cast.

Nadan

Greenhorn
This actually works, i tried it and got a iridium quality fish. Thanks for letting me know.