Forging question

Lew Zealand

Helper
Does anyone know if you reset the day will I get a different upgrade for my galaxy sword? I’m trying to get the bug killer enchantment but i keep getting haymaker :hmm:
I'm pretty sure the Forge enchantments are set by your game Seed so you're gonna get that awful pseudoMarnie enchant every time. Sorry for the disappointing conclusion. Here have a Stardrop for your trouble: :stardrop:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Thank you I was getting so frustrated by getting haymaker over and over :cry:
You should be able to re-enchant it again and get something different but of course that's expensive. A crazy Level 100+ Staircase run in Skull Cavern on a good Luck day with Luck/Speed Food buffs and a lotta Bombs should net you a few more Prizzy shinies so you can re-enchant until you get what you want. But enchanting info is something I'd depend on other people here for as I'm a noob at that.

You should be able to re-enchant it again and get something different but of course that's expensive. A crazy Level 100+ Staircase run in Skull Cavern on a good Luck day with Luck/Speed Food buffs and a lotta Bombs should net you a few more Prizzy shinies so you can re-enchant until you get what you want. But enchanting info is something I'd depend on other people here for as I'm a noob at that.
You answered all my questions, I swear I think I’m a super fan and I learn something new about the game everyday :ca:

Njin

Planter
I'm not for sure but... I Know I tried resetting the day and got the same enchants so I just ended up spending shards ... But I don't think I tried going the next day to see if they were different .. perhaps try enchanting something else first and see if that alters the order of what it gives you for the sword. again IDK for sure maybe just going on a different day will alter the order of what it intends to give you. Iam quite for sure it isn't random but maybe another day its order is different.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm not for sure but... I Know I tried resetting the day and got the same enchants so I just ended up spending shards ... But I don't think I tried going the next day to see if they were different .. perhaps try enchanting something else first and see if that alters the order of what it gives you for the sword. again IDK for sure maybe just going on a different day will alter the order of what it intends to give you. Iam quite for sure it isn't random but maybe another day its order is different.
Based on what someone else posted a ways back, they got the same enchant the next day and tried a few times. I think it might be a randomized list generated from the game seed at the start of your save, like many items in the game.

I get why to do this as the day restart mechanism could easily be taken advantage of to always get your optimal [ITEM]* which you're looking for. Minecraft has this "problem" of resetting randomly generated items when it comes to Villager Trades for years, which are very easily cheezed so you can get the exact thing you want. I take advantage of this all the time and right now the Devs are in the midst of updating that to remove this game feature and...

ahem,

many people are NOT happy about it. People like me who love to cheez this feature. But then it is kinda cheaty so...

I still don't like it! :toothy:

* Enchantment, Geode mineral, Traveling Cart items, Mushroom Floors, even details about the Train

Odyssey

Tiller
Yes, the results of enchanting are fixed based on your game seed, number of previous enchants and the current enchants on the tool/weapon. If you're on PC the stardew valley predictor website can tell you what the pattern of enchants is for your save file and you'll know how many shards you need to get bug killer - and can potentially plan to get some useful enchants on your tools whilst advancing the number of enchants towards the one that will give you bug killer.

Elenna101

Farmer
Just advancing the day won't change the enchant results - as Odyssey said, they are based on the game seed, number of previous enchants, and current enchant if any, day doesn't matter.

However, as you suggested, enchanting something else first will increase the number of current enchants and therefore change what you get on your weapon. Of course, this requires more Prismatic Shards, but at least the end result will be that you have two or more things enchanted, instead of just enchanting the weapon over and over.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
My strategy is usually to collect 3 or 4 prismatic shards (and of course the requisite cinder shards), then take everything to the forge in the early morning and spam a couple enchants on different weapons and tools. If I don't get at least one thing I like, I reload and try a different set, or rearrange the order that I do the enchantments.

Godkin

Planter
Each weapon or tool can only have one enchantment, and you don't get to choose which enchantment to apply. However, you can reshuffle the enchantment by using another Prismatic Shard. The tool will save the two previous enchantments that have been applied to it, so they will not be re-selected when you re-enchant.

Enchantments are randomized based on how often you have enchanted any tool. So, if you reload that day and enchant a different tool, this will affect how the enchantment is selected.

This is information from the wiki, and I think it may explain the point you asked. If you've read it before, then you already know this, right? (¬_¬)

emfinlen

Greenhorn
Does anyone know if you reset the day will I get a different upgrade for my galaxy sword? I’m trying to get the bug killer enchantment but i keep getting haymaker :hmm:
I have always wondered this. Mostly because Clint sometimes gives the worst geode rewards.

Elenna101

Farmer
I have always wondered this. Mostly because Clint sometimes gives the worst geode rewards.
Geode results are based on your seed number, the type of geode, and the total number of geodes of any kind that you've opened before (including artifact troves and golden coconuts).
As such, resetting the day by itself won't change anything. However, if you have geodes of multiple kinds, you can reset the day and change the order you open them in, and that might change things.
For example, say you've opened 100 geodes so far. Today, you open a regular geode as #101, and then a magma geode as #102, and you don't like the results. If you reset the day, and instead open the magma geode as #101 and the regular geode as #102, you'll get different results.

Alternatively, you can see all the upcoming geode results on the Stardew Predictor website.