foliage redone original update/how to fix recolours for the new update?

Mira__Exists

Greenhorn
hi !!! i'm wondering if anyone has plans to update the original stardew foliage redone natural recolour or the folige only version for 1.6, since dustbeauty has been inactive for a while
(the original recolour can still be found here)

if not, does anyone have any advice as to how to fix/create recolours cause i will absolutely attempt to do it myself!

junimojuice

Greenhorn
I've been recoloring/editing the new tilesheets myself on my own time, but I'm having some (honestly anticipated) difficulties and disappointments (texture matching struggles) with the process along with issues applying the full necessary tilesheets on Ginger Island.. They only work in summer for some reason. I hope someone more competent or DustBeauty themselves can update this someday, even if just the foliage only version for compatibility.

34a64681cf59867a1e61716d71765bcc.png7b6b137e09abddd3c54b050b10b0d49a.png

goatler

Greenhorn
Hey! I've updated the foliage only version to 1.6. I've changed the new tree sprites (green rain trees and mystic tree) with some of the ones that are already in the mod, so they can match. Well, it works great for me.

Here you go, hope you like it. - link

*Update: changed the old tree sprites aswell, now they have their moss variation.

Last edited:

northeast

Greenhorn
hey there! i've been using the foliage redone recolor exclusively for a long time, so i've been keeping my version as updated as possible. i'm pretty busy with my job currently though and can't really spend any time to go in and see what's new or needs fixing yet, but this folder should have the majority of the little weird spots fixed for as current as 1.5 though! i know i fixed at least the weird bridge dirt spots haha.

hopefully it'll help, so you won't need to recolor as much yourself! when i have time i'll go back in and work on it myself later, but i can't say when that will be yet. 😔 sorry!

here's my version!

souvlakic

Tiller
hey there! i've been using the foliage redone recolor exclusively for a long time, so i've been keeping my version as updated as possible. i'm pretty busy with my job currently though and can't really spend any time to go in and see what's new or needs fixing yet, but this folder should have the majority of the little weird spots fixed for as current as 1.5 though! i know i fixed at least the weird bridge dirt spots haha.

hopefully it'll help, so you won't need to recolor as much yourself! when i have time i'll go back in and work on it myself later, but i can't say when that will be yet. 😔 sorry!

here's my version!
hope u do it !! ty<3

roryriri

Newcomer
Hey! I've updated the foliage only version to 1.6. I've changed the new tree sprites (green rain trees and mystic tree) with some of the ones that are already in the mod, so they can match. Well, it works great for me.

thank you so much for the 1.6 update! so far it works well :D

Firefly222

Newcomer

here's my version!
I made an account just to thank you! I love this recolour too much to give it up, thank you so much for sharing <3

Last edited:

Midsyhika

Greenhorn
I still encounter bright patches around the pavement/roads even on the farm. Even though I downloaded 1.6 version. Am I alone in this??

mio52479

Greenhorn
*using machine translator
You can use the color replacement feature in image processing software like GIMP or Photoshop to replace each color of the newly added texture with SFR colors. Alternatively, you can try directly adjusting the colors of the added parts, as long as they appear seamless to the naked eye without any noticeable color difference.
However, you will also need some programming skills to upgrade the code...or you can try modify other mods that have already been upgraded to 1.6.
Here is the paint mask. You can use it to separate different parts such as grass, dirt, cliff, etc.
Ive created the spring grass part by replacing colors one by one, but I don't have the energy to do more. This is a major undertaking. You'll need to identify similar parts in the original textures, continuously recognize colors, create new layers, and assess whether the color fill is correct.
There are some issues with island_tilesheet_1.png. I created it based on the spring color, But I'm not sure how textures are read on ginger Island. I don't recommend using it.

Attachments

Last edited:

mio52479

Greenhorn
I've been recoloring/editing the new tilesheets myself on my own time, but I'm having some (honestly anticipated) difficulties and disappointments (texture matching struggles) with the process along with issues applying the full necessary tilesheets on Ginger Island.. They only work in summer for some reason. I hope someone more competent or DustBeauty themselves can update this someday, even if just the foliage only version for compatibility.

View attachment 20080View attachment 20081
I suppose if the seasons of spring, summer, and the individual island texture all use the same seasonal consistency, then the island texture should display correctly. Alternatively, you can use this mod to isolate the ginger Island texture. However, I'm not sure if this mod will still function properly in version 1.6.

Rocket17

Newcomer

*Update: changed the old tree sprites aswell, now they have their moss variation.
Heyy! i have the original stardew foliage redone (colours and foliage) and want to use your mod to overwrite the foliage, but i cant seem to get it to work. I tried to add a dependency to your mod making it require stardew foliage redone but when I go outside SMAPI loads an error for the trees with moss. I rlly dk what I'm doing so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Ive added the error below:

[Content Patcher] Can't apply image patch "Stardew Foliage Redone Foliage Only > EditImage TerrainFeatures/tree2_spring #1" to TerrainFeatures/tree2_spring: target area (X:0, Y:0, Width:144, Height:160) extends past the right edge of the image (Width:48), which isn't allowed. Patches can only extend the tilesheet downwards.
[Content Patcher] Can't apply image patch "Stardew Foliage Redone Foliage Only > EditImage TerrainFeatures/tree3_spring" to TerrainFeatures/tree3_spring: target area (X:0, Y:0, Width:144, Height:160) extends past the right edge of the image (Width:48), which isn't allowed. Patches can only extend the tilesheet downwards.
[Content Patcher] Can't apply image patch "Stardew Foliage Redone Foliage Only > EditImage TerrainFeatures/tree1_spring #1" to TerrainFeatures/tree1_spring: target area (X:0, Y:0, Width:144, Height:160) extends past the right edge of the image (Width:48), which isn't allowed. Patches can only extend the tilesheet downwards.

goatler

Greenhorn
Heyy! i have the original stardew foliage redone (colours and foliage) and want to use your mod to overwrite the foliage, but i cant seem to get it to work. I tried to add a dependency to your mod making it require stardew foliage redone but when I go outside SMAPI loads an error for the trees with moss. I rlly dk what I'm doing so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Ive added the error below:

[Content Patcher] Can't apply image patch "Stardew Foliage Redone Foliage Only > EditImage TerrainFeatures/tree2_spring #1" to TerrainFeatures/tree2_spring: target area (X:0, Y:0, Width:144, Height:160) extends past the right edge of the image (Width:48), which isn't allowed. Patches can only extend the tilesheet downwards.
[Content Patcher] Can't apply image patch "Stardew Foliage Redone Foliage Only > EditImage TerrainFeatures/tree3_spring" to TerrainFeatures/tree3_spring: target area (X:0, Y:0, Width:144, Height:160) extends past the right edge of the image (Width:48), which isn't allowed. Patches can only extend the tilesheet downwards.
[Content Patcher] Can't apply image patch "Stardew Foliage Redone Foliage Only > EditImage TerrainFeatures/tree1_spring #1" to TerrainFeatures/tree1_spring: target area (X:0, Y:0, Width:144, Height:160) extends past the right edge of the image (Width:48), which isn't allowed. Patches can only extend the tilesheet downwards.
Hi! Try replacing the code pieces in each spring tree that has an error in the content.json with the following: (obviously changing the number in tree{number}_spring):

link

Hope it works, I'm not that good at coding either lol

Rocket17

Newcomer
Hi! Try replacing the code pieces in each spring tree that has an error in the content.json with the following: (obviously changing the number in tree{number}_spring):

link

Hope it works, I'm not that good at coding either lol
hey tysm for the in depth reply! unfortunately im getting the same error. the code you gave me is the same as what i already have except for tree 3 (i replaced it as you described anyway). Its still having issues with all 3 trees tho :(

lkwilliams1002

Greenhorn

Couldn't download it :(

cha0swyvern

Newcomer
I can't seem to get it to work :(
If the trees get moss on them the original texture looks like it's overlapping the retexture... Did anyone manage to getit to work? I love these trees, can't imagine playing without them.