Issue (FIXED) Game crashes when trying to save game/sleep

hbc_707

Newcomer
(Here's the SMAPI crash log: https://smapi.io/log/452b6d78ad7a44b3b5e87cd850134f17 )

The game was all fine until I tried to sleep and the game crashed. I have tried to delete the startup preferences but it keeps crashing when I try to sleep/save game. I restarted my laptop but still crashed when I try to sleep. I updated SMAPI to see if that was the case but things didn't change. I am not smart enough to understand the error log, and I wonder if the game crashed because of me using too many mods (but I doubt it). I tried staying up until 2 AM so I could pass out and possibly save the game but it still crashed.

UPDATE:
I searched on the net again to see what I can do to fix it and I found a solution. It was in fact mods lol, I only had to delete mods like Stardew Valley Expanded because they weren't compatible anymore. Since they change some coding in the game, it was more likely to cause errors and bugs in the game!

Last edited:

mouse

Farmer
This was most likely caused by a conflict with Farmhouse Redone. It seems to be able to happen under certain circumstances (such as divorce) even if it's the only mod you have installed, but comes up even just on sleep/save when using conflicting mods (in this case probably SVE's custom spouse rooms).

SVE doesn't patch the game code itself. It's almost entirely a collection of content packs for different frameworks (Content Patcher, TMXL, etc), some of which do patch the game directly.