Fishing Trash Collector

Okay, going back into the realm of small ideas, don't you hate when you're going to check your crab pot, hoping for a crab, crayfish, lobster, snail or something good, and instead it's a soggy newspaper?

I've thought of a small item that could do something about that, the trash collector. You can do two things with it, well one thing, but it has two uses.
1. You can use it to collect trash from the lake, river, farm ponds or ocean. Of course, you might be thinking why you would want to do that? Well, easy way to get refined quartz if you have a recycling machine, as well as coal, wood and torches.

2. If you put it beside a crab pot, it will decrease the chance of your crab pot collecting garbage.

Of course it has its own benefits to a crab pot, as you never need to fill this one with bait, just need to empty it every day. It also won't be too expensive to build, mostly requiring wood and fiber, though their could be an upgraded one that requires cloth or wool.

You could get the blueprints either from Willy, since he is a fisherman and would probably have an interest in this kinda thing, Elliot, since he lives at the beach and probably also cares about this, or Emily, since cleaning the seas would probably be something she'd be into.

Would be useful to not waste bait on a piece of soggy newspaper or pair of broken glasses.

Chililover

Planter
I love this idea, what if instead of a upgraded version it would upgrade itself according to your fishing level!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i like this idea, it sounds like a good balance (you use up a space you would for a crab pot, but it decreases chances of nearby crab pots getting trash). and trash can have its own use sometimes!

Kurachi84

Planter
I'm using a mod "Better Crabpots", which i set to get all sorts of items, which can get items when no bait has been added, i started using it for trash items and stuff like tree seeds and such, as i wanted to see something like this, a trash catcher one could put in the water.
This suggestion would be great to get trash, as it can be useful, with a tiny chance for cloth, too! And the extra coal, wood, refined quartz and stone (i don't use the torches much) can be nice when you need them!

I just added tree seeds and some other items, as they can fall into the water, then i can catch them XD
But this suggestion would give some nice trash extra :)
I'd make plenty of them, too!

Rotan

Sodbuster
If your using mods anyways I recommend the automation mod and just add some recyclers to your crab pots, just be sure to put them away from where people walk. The pathing extra to that mod really helps. If your interested or wanna know more just ask :)

Kurachi84

Planter
If your using mods anyways I recommend the automation mod and just add some recyclers to your crab pots, just be sure to put them away from where people walk. The pathing extra to that mod really helps. If your interested or wanna know more just ask :)
I use that and do that, yes, but such trash collector would be more reliable for trash recycled materials.

I'm using a mod "Better Crabpots", which i set to get all sorts of items, which can get items when no bait has been added, i started using it for trash items and stuff like tree seeds and such, as i wanted to see something like this, a trash catcher one could put in the water.
This suggestion would be great to get trash, as it can be useful, with a tiny chance for cloth, too! And the extra coal, wood, refined quartz and stone (i don't use the torches much) can be nice when you need them!

I just added tree seeds and some other items, as they can fall into the water, then i can catch them XD
But this suggestion would give some nice trash extra :)
I'd make plenty of them, too!
I was actually thinking they could have a tiny chance for artifacts or geodes (Whatever you find in fishing treasures really), I thought that might make them a bit too good so I omitted it.

Now you're making me wish I was playing on PC and not Xbone.