iOS Fishing sounds won’t quite.

Newcomer
Ok this a small problem, but it’s really annoying. When I first started using the fishing rod it made a sound but it wouldn’t stop it after I had stopped. And it carries on into the days after. I have to close the game down and then restart every time this happens. I could put the main volume off but what’s the fun in that.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
Ok this a small problem, but it’s really annoying. When I first started using the fishing rod it made a sound but it wouldn’t stop it after I had stopped. And it carries on into the days after. I have to close the game down and then restart every time this happens. I could put the main volume off but what’s the fun in that.
Yes, this is a longstanding issue (for which you can search this forum) that's a bit hard to nail down. I had it happen for a while on my iPad and then one day it just stopped. All I can suggest is keep track if it happens in a particular location, particular time of day or even season.

You can try other things like saving your farm file (found in the Files app > On my iPhone (or iPad) > Stardew Valley) to iCloud (or an external drive), deleting and reinstalling SDV, and then loading your save file back into the same location. If you want to try this and are unfamiliar with using the Files app and need more help, just post back here.

There's no guarantee a reinstall will resolve the fishing noise though.