Fishing rod enchantment question.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Does the "Master" enchantment add any capability if the player has maxed out the fishing skill?
Yeah, same way buffs do, they just go over the cap. Max fishing for example is level 16.

you get the incremental benefits like passively larger fishing bar size, longer cast reach after certain level barriers, and less energy per cast.

ArtifactSpot

I’m not sure but that’s what I use now and with cork tackle and seafoam pudding (wit QI seasoning even) it takes up over half the pixels on the rod. I’ve been getting master angler achievement eventually every playthrough now. Love it!

Maher

Sodbuster
Yeah, I had Master Angler before I reached the forge on this save. I needed to complete a collection before 1 Spring 3 to get 4 candles on a Joja save. I think I would enjoy the AutoHook enchantment more. I'm not feeling much difference in performance from the Master enchantment.

ArtifactSpot

Yeah, I had Master Angler before I reached the forge on this save. I needed to complete a collection before 1 Spring 3 to get 4 candles on a Joja save. I think I would enjoy the AutoHook enchantment more. I'm not feeling much difference in performance from the Master enchantment.
It is much less satisfying after level ten, but it’s a lucky charm I guess for me now because I suck at fishing. It’s the first thing I enchant even before the galaxy sword. Auto hook is fun and saves time. If you’re past the legends and octopus, have reliable tackle and food buffs and have spare prismatic shards I say change it up for fun. 🙂

Quirinea

Farmer
I'm using fishing mods (I do suck at it but with a mod it can get even meditative) and I choose either Master or Preserving (or what is that -- you lose your bait or your tackle deteriorates only half of time), whichever I get first.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I'm using fishing mods (I do suck at it but with a mod it can get even meditative) and I choose either Master or Preserving (or what is that -- you lose your bait or your tackle deteriorates only half of time), whichever I get first.
That’s preserving, master gives you an extra level to fishing when you hold it. I usually get one rod with each as iridium rods are relatively cheap. One with master for harder fish and another with preserving for casual fishing or regular fish quests.

Maher

Sodbuster
That’s preserving, master gives you an extra level to fishing when you hold it.
Maher of Bimherut Farm is my perfection save. He has the Preserving enchantment on his rod, and it's nice. For Bupkis of Notevena Farm, I'd like to get autohook, but I ran through my Prismatic Shards getting the to the Crusader enchantment because not having to finish mummies off with bombs makes the Skull cavern so much less unpleasant.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Maher of Bimherut Farm is my perfection save. He has the Preserving enchantment on his rod, and it's nice. For Bupkis of Notevena Farm, I'd like to get autohook, but I ran through my Prismatic Shards getting the to the Crusader enchantment because not having to finish mummies off with bombs makes the Skull cavern so much less unpleasant.
Yeah crusader is 110% the best sword enchant, as a hammer user I personally go artful and have to suffer… I have mad slingshot skills and can just shoot the corpses as I run through everything bombing like a 80s action movie though

Maher

Sodbuster
Well, I found a Prismatic Shard, took it up to the forge re-enchanted the rod and got Auto-hook. Pulled a lava eel out of there and did a little fishing quest for Willy. It's quite handy. Makes a much bigger difference to me than Master did.