Fish

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
Imagine Willy having a fisheries (restaurant/fast food) combined with his fish shop

But the thing is that it will be extremely busy on Saturday and Sunday

The Fisheries will be closed on Mondays (and open from Tuesday to Sunday)

And his sister,niece and nephew are running the business

You can choose to supply them with your vegetables (mostly potatoes)

And Willy will nominate you to catch fish for them for their restaurant

If you have questions,feel free to ask me

Maybe it would be easier to deliver Fish to Gus as a task. So there could be a fish day at Gus' alternatively.
Willy LOVES fishing, so he would probably never outsource that. And he already operates the ferry in the later game. So I think he already has much to do!

Also (I think) there was a task-suggestion to deliver fish for the winter-festival - just to reference this.

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
But Gus has a Saloon already

And plus,you need to also give the other townfolk a chance as well

Willy will still be selling bait and the essential stuff

The name of Willys sister is Melissa

And the niece and nephews names is Tina and Barry

Im not trying to be offending to you Freizeitfarmer

In the country where i live in,there is a coastal town where they have a fastfood shop where they sell fish and chips and you name it

The other essential stuff is there also (bait,hooks,rods)

And they also sell freshfish and shellfish and you name it

So i based it on that town (its like a tourist town)

And trust me,that fastfood shop is very busy on the weekends (excluding the weekdays which is abit busy)

But Gus has a Saloon already
And plus,you need to also give the other townfolk a chance as well
You know, that's very hardly a "town". So one saloon is already over-sized. :wink:

Willy will still be selling bait and the essential stuff
The name of Willys sister is Melissa
And the niece and nephews names is Tina and Barry
Wow, I couldn't remember that.

Im not trying to be offending to you Freizeitfarmer
I do not feel offended, do not worry. :smile:

In the country where i live in,there is a coastal town where they have a fastfood shop where they sell fish and chips and you name it
The other essential stuff is there also (bait,hooks,rods)
And they also sell freshfish and shellfish and you name it
So i based it on that town (its like a tourist town)
And trust me,that fastfood shop is very busy on the weekends (excluding the weekdays which is abit busy)
I am not against it. I just wanted to give my thoughts and show alternatives...
Having Willys relatives as new citizens with the next addon would be a nice addition!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You know, that's very hardly a "town". So one saloon is already over-sized. :wink:

Wow, I couldn't remember that.

I do not feel offended, do not worry. :smile:

I am not against it. I just wanted to give my thoughts and show alternatives...
Having Willys relatives as new citizens with the next addon would be a nice addition!
I don’t think Willy mentions family canonically, I believe the poster just made up names they thought would fit.

MissDandy

Farmer
It is a nice idea to add a restaurant aspect, but with the town only having roughly 28 people or so (I can't quite remember), a deviation in as many NPC's schedules as you suggest would surely be noticeable and not leave a whole lot going on in the town on the weekend. More characters as you also suggest would be nice, but it's no small ordeal to add a change like that.

This does however sound like it would make a fantastic mod.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I actually thought of an alternative that might make sense.

We see in the opening days that Willy just came back from "a full month at sea". So what I thought was that, *usually*, Willy is off to sea from Winter 7 to Winter 24 evening, coming back just in time for Chri - er, the Winter Star (something unexpected kept him away longer before year one but it doesn't recur while the farmer is there). And while he's away, Elliott minds the shop. It's how Elliott "pays" for his cabin, and why he doesn't need to work a day job the rest of the year even if story sales are slow. And maybe Elliott starts with a small corner grill and some new portable recipes in year one (fish n chips) and Willy keeps it going. To go foods only, though crab cakes would lead to a second event with Gus...

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
I wouldnt mind suggesting food dishes for the fisheries/restaurant

Some of them are Takeaways and some of them are sit down (if that is ok)

Menu is as follow:

-Parcel of Fish and Chips
-Lobster Soup
-Clam Chowder
-Shell Bucket (consists of shellfish such as Clams,Mussels,Cockles,Oysters and Periwinkles)
-Crab Cakes
-Deep Fried Fish Eggs (Roe) (From any fish pond you have on your farm and distributed to the fisheries)
-Seafood Platter (consists of Fish,Mussels,Rice,Chips,Calamari,Shrimp/Prawns,Octopus and Crab)
-Sea Urchin Stew
-Deep Fried Seacucumber
-Grilled Crayfish
-Grilled or Deep Fried Octopus
-Aged Fish Roe and Caviar
-Sting Ray Curry
-Calamari and Chips

And yes,they sell soda beverages and other drinks also

(And yes,you craft it for the fisheries and you can choose to sell it or donate it to them) (the soda beverages are named after your farm)

-Soda Beverages (in any flavour)
-Cold Beer
-Warm Beer
-Juices (in any flavour)
-Tea

And Willys families will choose to hire more workers depending on how big the Fisheries is

If you have any questions,feel free to ask me

Last edited: