Fish ponds problems

riklaunim

Greenhorn
Right now there are only a handful of fish you would want in a fish pond that then would be profitable and worth the hassle of setting it up. Lava eel, Ginger Island fish, squid, and maybe a few others in context. Also fish may ask for out-of-season items or items that are hard to target like some minerals (lava eel asking for basalt).

Top-tier fish provide high-value roe but also valuable low % drop like the food from eel or Ginger Island materials from Stingray. Lower-tier fish just drop much lower-value roe and meh items.

Would be nice if there would be some value from investing in ponds early (like on the beach farm where you can't min/max mass sprinklers) - like say a passive buff fish can provide while on the farm, a fish market with in-demand fish and you can try to fulfill such orders. Or more cooking-focused, use rice, grain, mill?

Last edited:
Right now there are only a handful of fish you would want in a fish pond that then would be profitable and worth the hassle of setting it up. Lava eel, Ginger Island fish, squid, and maybe a few others in context. Also fish may ask for out-of-season items or items that are hard to target like some minerals (lava eel asking for basalt).

Top-tier fish provide high-value roe but also valuable low % drop like the food from eel or Ginger Island materials from Stingray. Lower-tier fish just drop much lower-value roe and meh items.

Would be nice if there would be some value from investing in ponds early (like on the beach farm where you can min/max mass sprinklers) - like say a passive buff fish can provide while on the farm, a fish market with in-demand fish and you can try to fulfill such orders. Or more cooking-focused, use rice, grain, mill?
I would like to have some extensions too but more about spacing.
I have some ponds too and they need a lot of space. So I would like to have an upgraded pond which is a bit bigger but can hold 3 kinds of fishes at once!