Fish Pond question **SPOILERS*

Rhiannon

Farmer
When you put a certain kind of fish in your fish pond and do the rewards thing, do you get the same rewards each time? In other words, if I have one kind of fish in there and get the max amount of fish spawned, would it make sense to empty it out and try another fish to get different rewards?

SurfingMimikyu

Sodbuster
Every fish produces roe, (except a select few like squids and crab pot fish) but the value of it differs based on the value of the fish in the pond. Different fish also have different unique items they produce so having variety is also good. I wont spoil it myself but if you want a full list of everything fish can produce I'd recommend looking it up on the wiki.

redbobcat

Rancher
When you put a certain kind of fish in your fish pond and do the rewards thing, do you get the same rewards each time? In other words, if I have one kind of fish in there and get the max amount of fish spawned, would it make sense to empty it out and try another fish to get different rewards?
Rewards depend on the fish kind. They are always the same type for that fish BUT some (the more rare, expensive fish) might have 2-3 different types of reward. I think it makes more sense to build another pond to start experimenting with a new fish and give the first pond a bit more time to reveal all possibilities.

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
I recommend doing pufferfish. They're pretty good for selling. Get a Pickling jar for the roe and sell the extra fish when you make them. You'll make some decent amounts.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I now have Blob fish, lava eels and two coral ponds (for fertilizer). I did check the wiki to see what I can get from each type. Saved me time experimenting on my own. I can only imagine what fun it would be for those who like to figure it out on their own. I envy those people. I don't have the patience!