first prismatic shard

FairyRing

Farmer
View attachment 9296

Tada!!!

I ended up eating two Rock Candies, one at about 9:00am (Level 112) and the second at 7:20pm (Level 264). Next time I'd just eat it right at the start and immediately after the first had run out, but practice makes perfect!

I got into a bit of a rhythm with the pause buffering and sunk down to Level 100 by 8:30am. Because of earlier signs, I was planning to go from there but I ended up having to head really deep before I got any good amount of ores close to the entry ladder. Pause buffering FTW!!!

I kept my setup the same as normal, just with Salads instead of Gold-star Cheese. And Rock Candy, of course.

I typically get around 10 Shards, so the Rock Candy paid for itself. One of those Shards is from a Treasure Room, the rest are from Iridium Nodes (no Mystic Stones). Just keep in mind that I started with 200 Mega Bombs...

Thanks to all that helped, it was lots of fun and totally, absolutely worth it. :D
Sweet loot!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
View attachment 9296

Tada!!!

I ended up eating two Rock Candies, one at about 9:00am (Level 112) and the second at 7:20pm (Level 264). Next time I'd just eat it right at the start and immediately after the first had run out, but practice makes perfect!

I got into a bit of a rhythm with the pause buffering and sunk down to Level 100 by 8:30am. Because of earlier signs, I was planning to go from there but I ended up having to head really deep before I got any good amount of ores close to the entry ladder. Pause buffering FTW!!!

I kept my setup the same as normal, just with Salads instead of Gold-star Cheese. And Rock Candy, of course.

I typically get around 10 Shards, so the Rock Candy paid for itself. One of those Shards is from a Treasure Room, the rest are from Iridium Nodes (no Mystic Stones). Just keep in mind that I started with 200 Mega Bombs...

Thanks to all that helped, it was lots of fun and totally, absolutely worth it. :D
Let's goooooo, I knew you could do it, nice going on the pause buffering 8 floors per ig tick isn't great bu for a switch player that makes me pretty proud, nice going for the loot too, now you have to try for 17...

Comm

Tiller
View attachment 9296

Tada!!!

I've only ever gotten like 4 shards this is what I did with them. 1 galaxy sword. 2 museum 3 missing bundle. 4 Saving for Rock Candy. Currently have 80ish jades in chests and 13 crystalariums making jades. Wish me luck in SC. Btw @Hill Myna Your SC guide is very helpful!

Hill Myna

Farmer
@Hill Myna Your SC guide is very helpful!
Aww, thanks! :heart:

(Here's a link for those who want it)
Currently have 80ish jades in chests and 13 crystalariums making jades. Wish me luck in SC.
The more Staircases you bring, the more Iridium you'll get, BUT the more often you go, the more Iridium you'll get. So it's a balancing act!

From the information you've given, I'd say it's probably best to bring (and use) ~50 Staircases per trip, which would currently mean one trip every week or so ((50 needed/13 Crystalariums) * 2 days per harvest = 7.7 days per trip). If you're diligent, you'll be harvesting the Crystalariums more frequently than that, Jade only takes 1 day and 16 hours to replicate (a Stardew day is 20 hours).

And if you shell out on bombs at the Dwarf, you'll be able to get loads of Iridium per trip, which means that you can craft even more Crystalariums, so you'll be able to go even more often, giving you even more Iridium!

Good luck!
I've only ever gotten like 4 shards this is what I did with them. 1 galaxy sword. 2 museum 3 missing bundle. 4 Saving for Rock Candy.
Did you want to see what Enchantment you'd get on your Galaxy Sword with the fourth? You can always reset the day if you didn't get something useful.

imnvs

Local Legend
Did you want to see what Enchantment you'd get on your Galaxy Sword with the fourth? You can always reset the day if you didn't get something useful.
The problem with this advice, @Comm, is that you will get the same enchantment if you go back after resetting the day. You would need to enchant something else first and then the weapon... but Comm only has 1 shard left.

Hill Myna

Farmer
The problem with this advice, @Comm, is that you will get the same enchantment if you go back after resetting the day. You would need to enchant something else first and then the weapon... but Comm only has 1 shard left.
Yes, I am fully aware! My point was that if you didn't get something great, you could save the Shard for MRC or another enchantment.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes, I am fully aware! My point was that if you didn't get something great, you could save the Shard for MRC or another enchantment.
Yes, but I don't know if Comm was aware. It is good to know before wasting multiple days of play getting the same enchantment again and again.

Comm

Tiller
Oh I forgot I got a 5th and that's what I did with it! I got vampiric.