Finding all artifacts

Old Man Tab

Planter
Did anybody manage to find all artifacts?

Or is it difficult?

Because whenever i get geodes in the mines,then im constantly getting duplicate artifacts

Anyone experience this also?

Let me know

Bawby

Planter
Unless I misread the room, @sameperson_differentfont was avoiding spoilers.
There is something else to crack open for almost all artifact needs
at Calico Desert. You can buy artifact troves from a trader, and I believe the festival there, but I'm still on 1.5
Did anybody manage to find all artifacts?

Or is it difficult?

Because whenever i get geodes in the mines,then im constantly getting duplicate artifacts

Anyone experience this also?

Let me know
Most items for Gunther are dug up or fished out. Some are dropped as loot. I wouldn't say it's difficult, just takes some time. And, oh yeah, you'll get duplicates. I could dedicate a chest to chicken statues.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Answering your initial question, yes I did find all Artifacts and I followed no intentional strategy to do so, just played the game. Finished finding them by about the beginning of Year 4.

Geodes only give you less than 10% of all the Artifacts (3 total) that you need. Ignore them for Artifacts. Instead Hoe up every Artifact Spot you come across and do all the regular things in game as some of them also get you a few Artifacts, like Fishing Treasure Boxes and Monster loot drops. As I chose the Pirate profession in this playthrough, I got loads of Fishing Treasure and that really helped, plus it's fun! OK except for my Inventory constantly being full.

But full of fun stuff!

Some artifacts have a higher chance of spawning from artifact spots (those little 'sticks' that tell you where to dig) in specific areas (woods/desert/mountains/beach).
Others have a higher spawn chance in fishing chests, while others have a higher spawn rate in specific types of geodes (omni/frost/magma).
As Bawby mentioned, trading omni geodes for artifact troves from the desert trader will at least guarantee you get an artifact instead of a mineral.
No matter what, you will come accross a lot of duplicates before finishing the museum.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thats the only annoying part about collecting artifacts is that you not sure what you getting in geodes

Or in the sand

Thats my view.no offence
If you're on pc or mobile and don't care about reading your file, there are tools online that can show you what you get from every geode in what order, so you can more optimally open them.

It's up to you if you want to use it, some regard it as less legit than spamming geodes yourself, I personally don't mind and use external tools a fair bit

HaleyRocks

Planter
The new treasure totems, are particularly effective, in collecting artifacts. I had like 5 artifacts that troubled me a lot, in 1.5 yet here, i managed to collect them, in a matter of 2 in-game days! Just visit the wiki to see in which area what artifacts appear and go there to cast totem(s)! The desert merchant sells artifact troves too; while Ginger island exploration (hoe? pan?), yields artifact troves also. Last but not least, fishing can earn you some.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I attended one of the new events that required fishing and ended up with a treasure chest with an artifact in it. I tend to just enjoy my adventures and not "worry" about when things happen. All the folks above gave good advice. Just keep going and you'll fill that museum up in no time!