iOS file transfer from iphone (apple arcade) to mac (steam)

hliu25

Newcomer
is this possible? i've seen many people say to use itunes but itunes is already not supported on my computer. I have access to the files app on my phone and found the file of my world, but i just dont konw where to put it on my mac so that i can see it when i open the game through steam

wildandblue

Sodbuster
is this possible? i've seen many people say to use itunes but itunes is already not supported on my computer. I have access to the files app on my phone and found the file of my world, but i just dont konw where to put it on my mac so that i can see it when i open the game through steam
It's not possible to transfer the file from the Arcade version because it's not user accessible. The regular iOS version is though, which you can find via the Files app > On My iPhone. The Arcade version progress data is saved to Game Center in iCloud and you won't be able to get to it.

But if you have access to the farm file via the Files app, it sounds like you already have the regular version, not the Arcade version. Can you confirm that? The regular version is 1.5.6.39 and the Arcade version is 1.5.6.46.

If it is the regular version and you want to transfer the farm file, I found this Steam thread with the Mac file location: https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/352788917764758779/. You could upload the farm file from your phone to iCloud, and then download to the Mac location. The iTunes file transfer I believe went away with macOS Catalina.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Haudy

Newcomer
I found a way to do it with the Arcade version. I was able to transfer my save by copying the save file on my phone from the Stardew folder to my iCloud Drive. I than made a new folder on my mac in the Stardew saves folder and named it what the iphone folder was named. I then copied each of the files from the original folder into the new one I made. This allowed me to load my save on my Mac

If I tried to copy the whole folder I would get an error "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in [file name] can’t be read or written."

wildandblue

Sodbuster
I found a way to do it with the Arcade version. I was able to transfer my save by copying the save file on my phone from the Stardew folder to my iCloud Drive. I than made a new folder on my mac in the Stardew saves folder and named it what the iphone folder was named. I then copied each of the files from the original folder into the new one I made. This allowed me to load my save on my Mac

If I tried to copy the whole folder I would get an error "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in [file name] can’t be read or written."
You're absolutely right that it can be done. I was mistaken and had updated other posts asking about how to do it, but missed this one. Ooops. I believe you could have also opened the Arcade version on your Mac and transferred the files into your Mac Steam folder.