Favorite video game soundtracks?

Most Sonic the Hedgehog games have fantastic music! The soundtracks for Sonic CD, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Frontiers are all very good, but in my opinon the best one is Sonic Adventure 2. It has a good mix of musical styles and some of the most iconic songs in the series.

Stormlord

Greenhorn
My favorite is the Diablo 1 and 2 soundtrack. I also enjoy the soundtracks from World of Warcraft and Command and Conquer.

theweirdcabbage

Greenhorn
1. Definitely Skyrim
2. Super Mario Galaxy (I know it’s overrated but for good reason)
3. Undertale or Final Fantasy XVI
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Earthbound

HaleyRocks

Farmer
1) Castlevania (the works of Michiru mostly, personal favorite the 2 N64 titles and Sotn)
2) Diablo 1
3) Warcraft 2
4) Vampire the Masquerade (redemption + bloodlines)
5) Command and Conquer Red Alert 1/2

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I tend to fall in love with soundtracks where I have an emotional attachment to the game, so my all-time favorite is the soundtrack for Final Fantasy Tactics. I bought the two-CD set forever ago and it still cracks me up that my devices read Japanese better than I do.

Games where I have 100% loaded the game expressly to hear the music include The Sims (1), Tropico (1), Chocobo Racing (yes, there was an actual PSX Chocobo Racing game, not the FFVII mini game within the game), and Civilization VI (I'm terrible at the game, but dang, the music is great).

I do like the Stardew Valley soundtrack a lot, but I hear it a lot either when playing or watching Youtube videos about Stardew, so I haven't gotten to the point where I want a standalone copy of the soundtrack. Yet. I might get there in a few years.