Favorite outfit for character using sewing machine?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Everything! It's all good. SDV is a Tailoring sim, otherwise why would the game push you to dig up all these Minerals and Cook all these dishes and Farm up all these farm-dirt-...things... Veggies and fruit and whatnot.

Clearly it's so you can Tailor them into awesome outfits. There have been a few threads about a few people's threads here, I'll dig up the links and post 'em here.

Share your in-game outfits

There are so many possibilities! I'd suggest checking out the stardew valley wiki's tailoring page, where you can see the full illustrated list. Many items can be dyed any color.
There are formal and casual looks. There are costumes. Shirt & tie? That's bruschetta. Mouse graphic tee? That's cheese. Dino pants with a tail and dino hat to go about rawring? Dinosaur mayo and dinosaur egg sewed to your cloth!
You can make a special outfit for your own wedding. You can choose a costume for Spirit's eve. You can try to match the flower dance, the bone flute makes a garment that looks similar to what the guys wear.
You can even tailor your shoes & boots by transferring stats. So you could make space boots that look like green rubber boots for your dino suit.
Some of my all time favorites have been: the fish shirt. The shirt is black and the fish takes the color of the fish you sew on! The many different smiley face shirts that you can get from lemon stone, wumbus, sugar, cookies, and others. The sign of yoba, the skull, the wild bait alien. Multiple overalls that you can dye your pants to match!

imnvs

Local Legend
I’ve been trying to find a good outfit combination with the sewing machine and I was wondering if anybody had some good outfits
Prismatic outfit! Show off that blingity bling by buying a prismatic hat (cowboy or turban) from the desert trader and sew up yourself a prismatic shirt and pants. Let everyone know you're rich, baby! :wink: :happy:

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Two questions:

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a shirt to go with the dinosaur hat and pants?

Also, why did my farmer put on a tuxedo to get married in? I dyed his pants white to match his crystal shoes, and instead he showed up to the wedding in a fancy black suit that he definitely does not own.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Two questions:

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a shirt to go with the dinosaur hat and pants?

Also, why did my farmer put on a tuxedo to get married in? I dyed his pants white to match his crystal shoes, and instead he showed up to the wedding in a fancy black suit that he definitely does not own.
Green Vest (from Bean Hotpot)
Wild Bait Shirt
Slime Shirt
Kelp Shirt (from Seaweed)

The tux is a weird thing and a good reason to play as a female Farmer because you can choose to wear whatever you wish to your wedding.

ISSsloth

Farmer
I'm a bit biased towards cozy clothes like the hoodies crafted from any geode but omni and the sweaters crafted with any ore but iridium, or shirts that come with suspenders like the mayoral suspenders made with vegetable medley and the shirts crafted with slate and roots platters, but my overall favorite shirt has to be the retro rainbow shirt made with ice cream.

Some honorable mentions for shirts include the baryte shirt, hashbrown or super meal shirts, and the emerald or seafoam pudding shirts.

As far as pants go, grey, black, or blue dyed farmer pants go with basically anything, and can be crafted with cranberries, pineapple, strawberry, or wild plum.

Shirts with overalls are always a fun option, but require slightly more work to get the pants to match color wise. My favorites of these are the pink cake, egg, and daffodil shirts.

There are, like PoppyForPenny said, plenty of costumes or themed outfits you could go for, but if you just want general clothing, this is what I would recommend.

Cuusardo

Farmer
I don't make a whole lot of outfits for most of my farmers. My beach farm, where I married Haley, I have a bunch of different outfits I made and I change outfits every season. And I like to pretend that Haley and I share clothes.