Favorite Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons Game?

boyliker

Sodbuster
I loooove SoS, my favorite game has to be friends of mineral town for cliff but trio of towns is definitely a close second. What's your favorite? I'm thinking of picking up another game from the series ^__^

[[I'm not talking abt the actual published 'Harvest Moon' games ATM, they've been translated as Story of Seasons in english for a while]]

have u seen the remake for fomt? i assume u didn't like it that much?
Yeah just not a fan. The controls were clunky but it's still miles ahead of the xceed harvest moons. It's just the art work started nice but they jumped to 3d without a need to and then characters became over whimsical like more than Noh theatre whimsical. It would be like if iD (doom) software got hired to do the design of the next pokemon game. While it could be nice the sprites probably would stay matching those dark Pokedex descriptions

Long live bubble cows!

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is actually the game that got me into the genre of farm sims. I actually got Trio of Towns specifically because of the character Wayne :heart:. I still have not opened up my Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town though.
Definitely love the Bubble Cows they have to be my favorite aesthetic in the game series! They are super adorable :heart:. I almost love Story of Seasons, but the difficulty of unlocking all the trading partners... well I lost interest (shrugging cat emoji time).

boyliker

Sodbuster
Not Harvest Moon but similar, I first got into Rune Factory on the DS. Then Stardew Valley and not looked back.
RUNE FACTORY!! I love rune factory soooo much I could not be more excited for RF5!!! It comes out a year after pioneers of olive town which was honestly really disappointing -__-...;; I hope it's good!! It looks amazing!!

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town is actually the game that got me into the genre of farm sims. I actually got Trio of Towns specifically because of the character Wayne :heart:. I still have not opened up my Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town though.
Definitely love the Bubble Cows they have to be my favorite aesthetic in the game series! They are super adorable :heart:. I almost love Story of Seasons, but the difficulty of unlocking all the trading partners... well I lost interest (shrugging cat emoji time).
Yeah HM/SoS tends to be very tedious compared to SDV in a lot of aspects, I definitely get what you mean ^^;; The lategame is sometimes still just as tedious as early on compared to other farming sims I've seen out there in a lot of games

Potatoes

Farmer
I’ve seen lots of screenshots and fanart of various Rune Factory games, I like the look of them but still have yet to play one. Is there a particular one that’s good (or bad)?