Favorite/First game system?

Anhaga

Rancher
Does PC count? I've never owned a console.
I've been a PC gamer since--literally--1980. I was 2 at the time, so I didn't so much play as watch my dad play things, but still. That was pretty much the only system we had for playing video games aside from one that my dad got in 1982, but I can't remember what the console was, only that it had a game where you could make two dinosaurs fight. But the PC has been my game machine pretty much my whole life, starting with Early Games Kinder Comp and Storymaker (I think that's what it was called) The Story Machine and moving into Agent USA, Carmen Sandiego, Quest for Glory, and on.

Last edited:

ZeFat

Sodbuster
My 1st ever console was a Sega Megadrive 16-bit and my favorite games on there were the "Zombies ate my neighbors", "Bubba Stix", "Streets of Rage", "Altered Beasts", "Golden Axe" and "Shinobi". Got really vivid memories from that time had really fun gameplays with my sister :)
But When the ps2 came out oh boy i've never played so much of anything, got 100% on Midnight club 3 dub edition, gta san andreas also 100% even tho there was a huge bug in one of the maps that prevented you to complete a quest but meh, Onimusha series, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank oh boy the memories!!

Fat Link

Cowpoke
The good old Super Nintendo for me.

Super Mario World, Zelda: LTTP and Donkey Kong Country were all awesome.

As was Super Metroid, Super Double Dragon and Saturday Night Slam Masters, heh.

Potatoes

Farmer
PC dose count my first PC was a HP 286 and favorite game is The Dig and Loom.
Loom, I felt lIke that game blew me away at the time!! And Monkey Island, that game still cracks me up.

The first console I ever had was an NES, my parents bought it form my brother and sister and I. Played a ton of Super Mario Bros. and TMNT.

Nightstrike_76

Greenhorn
Atari 2600 here. It was a Christmas present for me and my sister. It came bundled with Pac-Man, Space Invaders and Combat. My mom and dad also bought us ET. That game was an absolute nightmare to play. So frustrating!

Over the years I've had loads of consoles, but really didn't get back to gaming until my husband and I bought a PS3 ostensibly to play Blu-Ray discs on, but I got hooked by Fallout 3. Eventually I got a PC and that's largely how I do my gaming these days, including SDV.

Draggar

Greenhorn
Would a Commodore Vic 20 count since it and the Commodore 64 had cartridge slots? If not, Atari 2600.

Nightstrike_76

Greenhorn
if you can find it watch the documentary, “Atari: Game Over”.
That was a great documentary (I do love me a good documentary)! In all truth, if I remember rightly, I think the old Atari and all our games (including ET!) are up in my mom's attic. The next time I get over to the US I'll have to try and find out. It'd be interesting to see if it still works, but after nearly 30 years in an attic with the extreme heat and cold, I don't hold much hope.