Favorite/First game system?

Odin

Staff member
My first game console was a PS2! Honestly I can't remember many of the games that I had for it though. The early games I really got into were all on PC: Age of Mythology, one of the many Sim City incarnations, and then a bit later Minecraft.

IamDylan

Tiller
My first console was the original NES and I used to play Solomon's Key and Whomp 'Em like crazy on it. My favorite game so far would have to be Monster Rancher Battlecard: Episode II. You could take the disc out and put in any other disc and it would give you a random card you could use in the game which was amazing when it originally came out. Plus I just really like Monster Rancher.

Lappy

Sodbuster
I wish they would make a remastered version of Age Of Mythology.it was such a fun game. Right now I 'am replaying the game Star wars Galactic battleGrounds
I played a bunch of Age of Kings (Age of Empires II) with my friends, which is the engine used by SWGB. When we started playing Battlegrounds, I practiced a lot with the Gungans so everyone would get mad that they lost to the Gungans.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
The first console I ever owned (by myself) was a little pink GameBoy Advance (and my first game was Sonic Advance!) but I remember playing a SNES and Sega Genesis as a kid. My fondest memories are with the Gamecube, which I slowly incorporated to be mine after my family stopped playing it hahahaha

My favorite game system is definitely the Gamecube still

The first console I ever owned was a Colecovision. Fortunately, as I grew up I moved to NES, then SNES, Genesis, etc. I believe I may own all consoles that were released stateside since the NES, but I may be incorrect as I'm sure there's a few I'm missing and some I'm using to take the place of others i.e. Turbo Duo in place of TurboGrafx 16/CD.

I have a great love for all my consoles, but the SNES, Sega Saturn and Dreamcast stand out as my all time favorites.

MeckaDragon

Greenhorn
I played a bunch of Age of Kings (Age of Empires II) with my friends, which is the engine used by SWGB. When we started playing Battlegrounds, I practiced a lot with the Gungans so everyone would get mad that they lost to the Gungans.
I also played Age of Kings and Empire Earth series. Most the time I played as Wookiees in Battleground.

I also played Age of Kings and Empire Earth series. Most the time I played as Wookiees in Battleground.
Ahh Empire Earth. My favourite ever game I played was where I faced off against 3 computer and didn't allow myself to go beyond WWII tech. Trying to defend my coastline with Tanks and Bismarks against hordes of (my my memory is foggy, I want to say) Zeus/Hyperion robots was amusing (and futile). I tried to make inroads to defeat them but I barely got off my island. I could only just about gather resources and build defences. Wish I could find my disc.

First console was NES. Used to love playing McDonald's land kids/Mario 3/California Games.

Favourite console is and always will be the Gamecube. Harvest Moon: A wonderful life, Skies of Arcadia, Rogue Squadron 2, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Zelda: Wind waker/Twilight Princess, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Lost Kingdoms, Pokemon Colliseum, and so many more. I spent so many hours playing after school.

I am almost embarrassed to say that, aside from sharing the family Wii and playing Wii Sports as a teen, I only started to play video games last year. There was the occasional flash game on PC and some Neopets but that was it. I cannot for the life of me do racing games of any kind or navigate on PC using WASD or arrow keys. I have tried so many times over the years and I just fail.

My fiance bought Stardew Valley on his PS4 last January to try and convince me to like gaming. It worked. Best low-risk game for learning to use a controller! Loving it so so much but I still have to ask him questions when navigating with the controller in programs aside from Stardew.

Lew Zealand

Helper
First Console - PlayStation (original one). Received as an unsolicited wedding present from friends.

It is Goodâ„¢ to have good friends.

NVM that one of those friends took it upon herself to complete FFVII on it (we all lived in communal housing). Nah, no self-serving there... Hey, I got good at Bust-A-Move 2. That's almost the same!

First game player - Apple ][+ and C=64. My brother was the brains for that and he wrote the C=64 games, I just made them look good because that aspect of game design utterly eluded him. Ended up being a good team. For a few days. Siblings, you know...

Whoops, forgot favorite games: Ultima IV, Tomb Raider (original), Minecraft, and Arcade version Tetris. All the millions of home versions of Tetris are Not The Same as the arcade version which IMO is superior in its leveling scheme. I really need to make an RPi Arcade Tetris machine (somehow... :whistle: ) and scratch that itch.

Last edited:

__Fishy__

Planter
The first system I ever played was the SNES at my grandma's house. I remember spending hours playing Super Mario Bros and convinced her to buy A Link to the Past. The first console I actually owned was the PS2. Me and my brother would spend hours playing our PS2 with some of our favorites being Sly Cooper, Need For Speed, and Mercenaries 2! My parents also had an NES and an Atari 2600 but we didn't really play them that much

The first system I ever played was the SNES at my grandma's house. I remember spending hours playing Super Mario Bros and convinced her to buy A Link to the Past. The first console I actually owned was the PS2. Me and my brother would spend hours playing our PS2 with some of our favorites being Sly Cooper, Need For Speed, and Mercenaries 2! My parents also had an NES and an Atari 2600 but we didn't really play them that much
Sly Cooper. What a game!

DJModulo

Sodbuster
My first game system would be the GameBoy I would extort from my dad on the regular just to die at the first pit in Super Mario Land (I had a lot to learn at two years old).

My favourite would have to be my trusty GBA SP. Almost 18 years of age and it shows on the exterior, but despite being heavily used through almost all of these years I only had to change the battery pack once.

Unfortunately I was never allowed to have a Gamecube; otherwise that would've been a choice console for me (both Pokemon parts, Path of Radiance, Wind Waker, F-Zero GX...)

The first was the good ole atari.

My favorite was a transparent purple GameBoy Color. I had rechargeble batteries, pokemon, tetris, Revelations:Demon Slayer and Dragon warrior monsters. Was a great time killer when i wasnt in the creek playing with my pet raccoon.

starbrite

Sodbuster
My first was a Super Nintendo and I played Lion King and Punch Out so much on it! I was never ever to beat the later levels like the Stampede or pass the Sandman until I got older though.

My favorite system is probably my good ol' PS4 or my Switch. I love the Switch's portability and playing Fire Emblem, but I like Playstation's games and graphics a bit better. (Now if only Sony would somehow read this and make a portable system again 👀 haha)