Art Farmer and Spouse

Lenora Rose

Farmer
IMG_20220516_205634.jpg

Decided after looking at the art here to draw my first farmer, Gwen, and Leah. They don't look quite like they're the same style or meant to be in the same picture but they do seem to be sharing some humour.

I trued to make Gwen's sprite as close to myself as I could but I never got over how big the glasses look so I had to draw her with cartoonishly large ones, and she ended up looking more like a friend of mine than like me, which is good.

Next would be my current farmer, Jules, I guess. That'll be a change of tone. :)

Lew Zealand

Helper
I trued to make Gwen's sprite as close to myself as I could but I never got over how big the glasses look so I had to draw her with cartoonishly large ones, and she ended up looking more like a friend of mine than like me, which is good.
There is nothing at all wrong with big 80's glasses. We didn't think they were cartoonishly large then.

Mmmm, of course we didn't know any better...

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I'm getting ready to close off Jules' run, so I wanted a version of her that could fit in the template, so it had to be pixel art. This is attempt one.

Jules is a long nosed goth (though on the perky goth side) with indigo hair; I really wanted to show her as not traditionally pretty but still an interesting face. She wears a blue neck-kerchief which she fold cravat style then tucks into her t-shirt (here) or leather jacket (fall/winter), and she alternates between the official cap and the blue cowboy hat depending on season and mood, and she almost cried with joy when she found the mermaid boots. Her wedding dresses involved either dark blue with the golden chest plate (You can't marry Abigail in anything but armour!) or an all-iridium outfit. That and (Sometimes, when she bothers - she's forgotten a few times) the spring dance are the only time she's caught dead in skirts (Where both Lenora Rose and Gwen both are pretty much never caught out of them except at a beach/pool.)

She's an ovo-lacto pescatarian who still chose to name the cows Burger, Steak and Roast, the ducks Soup, Curry, and L'Orange, and the goats Shawarma, Donair, etc. (The chickens ended up Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, Thingamabob, Thingie, Thingamajig, Thingamawhatsis, Thingamadoodle..., and the dinosaurs are Eeek!, Yikes! and Uh-Oh! The ostriches are named after spices.) Despite the names and the auto-petter and how she SAID she wasn't going to care about her animals, she still tries to cuddle the ones that have lasted into year 9 every day. (She sold some. Not to meat farms. She was adamant.) Abigail laughs at how softly she croons to them. (Sebastian doesn't laugh, because she respected his fondness for his frogs the same).

Attachments

Lenora Rose

Farmer
After Jules, my next farmer was Satsuki. I tried out the Stardew Valley character creator thing for her, and got this:
portrait (1) (2).png

Super cute, but also wrong in some semi-subtle ways. The obvious one being that not one face shape was round enough, but I was also annoyed by every brow option. So I tweaked, and this is what she REALLY looks like.
portrait.gif

But I finished Satsuki's run, and I have a new farmer, and no, the creator thing wouldn't work (How does it work when the person wears a MASK all the time?), so I had to resort to my own pixel art again. Though I borrowed Gunther's hat. (Excuse the blur on these. At 64 x 64 they look fine.)
Mord Portrait 2-1.png.png

Then I decided to start working on a full sprite sheet for him. The bottom few are 90% clones of one another at this point, though I had some specific plans for some of them. (AUGH! No idea why they look elongated in the post. Click on it and the view in a program should go back to proportional)

SO:
Standard - Happy
Sad - Blushing
Angry - extra leaf
Rained on happy - rained on neutral
With George* - With George* 2 (The crow is not in fact just a black blob but the pixels I sweated over are very dark)
Feeding George* a Cheeto (Still not happy with this) - Beetle 1
Beetle 2 (Hat) - Tulip
(clones of original)

*Of course I had to name the crow Giorgio in-game due to Human George

Mord Portrait Set (1) (1).gif