Solved [EXPLOIT] 1.5.x Cookout Kit

Drullo321

Sodbuster
As the subforum description explicitly states,
Is there a problem with your game or you've noticed something that should be fixed? Let us know in here!
I will post it here. The new cookout kit sells for 3000g. Comparing that with the low effort crafting materials of which two can be easily bought in large quantities (wood, coal) and the third can be mass harvested as of 1.5.x through a recipe whichs only limit is clay, you can literally craft hundreds, maybe even thousands by the time you unlock this recipe.

It completely destroys the economy, the fun and it has to be an oversight because as far as i remember correctly, no other crafting recipe you can make money or at least not in a way that the time invested for crafting it would outmatch other money making sources like farming, fishing or mining.

Additionally, in the past money making exploits were also fixed, like the mushroom mine floor exploit, which would make only a thousands compared to this exploit. So I hope this will fixed too, it only requires a number change to sell price

Further math:

Sell price: 3000g

Requires:
15 Wood <= Easily available in mass quantities or buy at Robin Y1 for 1 Wood / 10g = 150g Worst Case
3 Coal <= Not available in mass quantities by own efforts but either through charcoal kin (10 Wood / 1 Coal) or buy at Clint Y1 for 1 Coal / 150g. So either 300g/Robin/Charcoal Kin or 450g/Clint Worst Case
10 Fiber* <= Available in mass quantities, but not unlimited before unlocking Fiber Seeds recipe (earlierst as first week, Fall Y1)

*Fiber quantity is only limited by availability of clay. 4 fiber seeds requires 1 clay, some sap and mixed seeds. Sap is usually available nearly unlimited and if you don't plant mixed seeds, you usually have more seeds then clay. Additionally you can buy 10 seeds/week at Krobus for 30g each. I didnt count but 1 fiber seed itself gives multiple fiber, I once harvested ~240 seeds and got something arround 1000 in return. I backtracked the amount of clay I had by the time I unlocked the cockout kit, it was something arround 250, not counting some i invested in silos and other stuff.

Math for fiber seeds:
250 Clay result in 1000 fiber seeds, which then results in arround 4000 fiber. Fiber seeds only require tilled non-watered soil and should be covered by scarecrows. No further maintenance needed

Final Math:
With 4.000 fiber, I can craft 400 cockout kits. This requires 1.200 coal and 6.000 wood. Assuming I have 2.000 wood I use for coal and buy the wood at Robin and the coal at client:

Income:
400 * 3.000 = 1.200.000

Costs:
Wood: 6.000 * 10 = 60.000
Coal: 1.000 * 150 = 150.000
=> 210.000

=> ~1.000.000 cash earned with nearly any effort.
You don't need the mony before you buy the stuff. Because buying requires nearly zero time, only running to the shops. You can just travel between Robin and Client until money is no issue.

And that is just the math for a playthrough I wasn't aware of this exploit. Now I would completely skip things in Spring / Summer Y1 just focus on Mining / Foraging. I think everyone agrees that crafting cockout kits should not be more profitable with less time, less effort, less skill and bypassing any other usual used money making methods like refining your goods.

Last edited by a moderator: