Expanded Desert

CScout

Sodbuster
So I was looking at the furniture item "Calico Falls" and got a great idea. What if the waterfall depicted in the painting was accessible. A small path on the side of the desert could take you took a desert river and waterfall. During Saturday you could catch the Traveling Cart there in boat form like during the night market. Behind the falls could be a small dungeon like the quarry mine and the rewards could be something like an upgraded pan. There could also be a small shack that Sandy goes to after the Oasis closes. I think these could make for some fun additions to give the desert some more to do and make it feel just as special as Ginger Island. I'd love to hear more suggestions in the comments.

Last edited:

Ellajoy

Rancher
So I was looking at the furniture item "Calico Falls" and got a great idea. What if the waterfall depicted in the painting was accessible. A small path on the side of the desert could take you took a desert river and waterfall. During Saturday you could catch the Traveling Cart there in boat form like during the night market. Behind the falls could be a small dungeon like the quarry mine and the rewards could be something like an upgraded pan. There could also be a small shack that Sandy goes to after the Oasis closes. I think these could make for some fun additions to give the desert some more to do and make it feel just as special as Ginger Island. I'd love to hear more suggestions in the comments.
Yes! I would love this SO MUCH!

Yes, yes and yes... love these ideas. I just hope mobile will get the 1.5 update by the time you guys get the update after this.

MissDandy

Farmer
I would love this! I think the idea of Sandy having a place to go after work would be so cool. I've seen it in a mod, but just adding it to the game would be great for the people who don't use mods!

I would love this! I think the idea of Sandy having a place to go after work would be so cool. I've seen it in a mod, but just adding it to the game would be great for the people who don't use mods!
Us console players don't have access to mods. It would be great if CA could work with a few modders and make an official Mod essentials pack for stardew. However I don't see that happening given the blowback for Bethesda's Creation Club.

MissDandy

Farmer
Us console players don't have access to mods. It would be great if CA could work with a few modders and make an official Mod essentials pack for stardew. However I don't see that happening given the blowback for Bethesda's Creation Club.
Yeah I play on console and PC, but I don't even know how to use mods. But yeah, if the next update included some stuff a lot of popular mods do, it wouldn't maybe require a a team of modders, just a few updates and new places to become permanently part of the game.

CDoggy

Tiller
I really like the idea that you could catch the Traveling Cart and the idea of Sandy having a home.